SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
butterflychaser

Should I Leave Negative Feedback or Let it Go?

butterflychaser
17 years ago

In June I bid on and won a battery recharger with 12 rechargeable batteries. The batteries are usually $1 each and I won it all for $10. I was pretty happy. Well a week later the guy tells me the batteries were "stolen". Batteries were stolen?? How's that happen?

I think he didn't like the price the auction sold for, and I stressed to him that I really wanted the item. But he simply refunded my payment and said "Sorry, couldn't replace." I haven't left feedback yet because I don't know if I should just move on, or tell the truth. I personally think he should have bought new batteries and sent the unit, even if he lost money. I don't see how some batteries could be stolen after I submit payment. And they are easily replaced. I think he should honor the sell.

I've been watching his auctions to see if he relists the item, but he hasn't so far. For all I know, a friend of his may have offered him $15 for the set.

It doesn't make sense to me. Does it to you? The seller has a 98% rating. So there have been other problems along the way, but mostly just him taking so long to ship or sending an item that doesn't work. When he gets negative feedback, he responds to it rather hatefully. But most of his customers seem to really like him. I could leave a neutral instead of a negative just to let people know what happened but not hurting his rating.

What do y'all think?

NancyAnn

Comments (14)

Sponsored