SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boone_2009

More questions re appliance installation

boone_2009
10 years ago

Hi everyone! I have two questions.

In a previous thread, I'd asked whom I should hire to install appliances and all of you said a GC was the best person for the job.

Well, we had all but confirmed the GC recommended by the place we bought our appliances from ( Pacific Sales - Southern CA) when he told us today that he could not do the job as he had hurt his back.

So we went back to the names given by Pacific Sales and only two others were available - one is a GC but said he does not do anything plumbing-related, which means he won't install the faucet, garbage disposer, air gap, soap dispenser. The other is a plumbing installer and he said he could install everything : dw, gas cooktop, garbage disposer, faucet/air gap/soap dispenser...*and* double oven, which latter I found strange as I was under the impression that double ovens are best installed by GC's or electricians. Should we just hire him for all *but* the double oven?

My next question has to do with price; this is what he quoted us -
DW - 139 ( to me this seems a bit expensive?)
Cooktop- 139
All sink related stuff ( garbage disposer, faucet, soap dispenser, air gap) - 250
His price for the double oven was 160.

I know that a garbage disposer install alone will be around 100 at least, but I don't know about the other prices.
The sink connection, faucet, soap dispenser and air gap price would then come to a total of 150 - I am a tyro at all this but it seems to me that that's a bit much; please advise me.

If any of you are in Southern CA and know of a good GC installer, please let me know. I'm finding it quite difficult to get a licensed installer, believe it or not; I look at the Licensing website and so many of the installers near where I live, have expired or suspended licenses!

(Pacific Sales has a disclaimer saying they only recommend the people on that list but otherwise have no connection to their services and the customer is free to hire anyone else. So if anything goes wrong with the installation, we cannot hold them responsible.)

Thank you, everyone!

Comments (19)