SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlspellman_gw

Minnesota Kitchen Pics

dlspellman
15 years ago

We completed this kitchen in January - just getting around to posting some photos. There are a couple small things still missing when I took these photos, primarily the trim base of the fridge/freezer armoire.

I love all my appliances (Thermador Columns (30" ea), GE Induction cooktop (30"), GE Profile Advantium and GE Convection Oven (27") and my Miele Dishwasher with the fantastic silverware rack.

I also love my Kohler Smart Divide sink in Sea Salt, Soapstone counters, and the Walnut topped island. Cabinets were custom --Lightly distressed, painted with Benj. Moore Linen white and then lightly glazed.

Another favorite - I positioned a large cutting board in the island opposite the DW/sink, and partially over the extra tall/LARGE (fake drawer) garbage bin below it on the right -- chop and scrape right into the garbage - better than Rachel Rays garbage bowl! One last favorite - I used my nasty corner for a lazy susan with 3 recycle bins in it - glass, plastic and paper.

Oh, a little trick of the eye - the upper cabinets have mirrors instead of glass to reflect light and to hide all those oils and spices in the cabinets. The KD was skeptical about it, but I wanted it (had seen a magazine photo) - she admits it looks great!

Hope this helps you in your planning - this website was a life saver for me as we planned ours! I found more info & ideas here than I did from my KD and appliance sale reps...

Comments (35)