SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

Delta Victorian vs Delta Trinsic

lisa_a
9 years ago

So now I'm driving myself crazy over the faucet selection. ;-)

I think I've narrowed it down to one of two Delta faucets, either the Trinsic or the Victorian. Both models get good reviews on line and Delta has a good rep. I really like the magnetic lock Delta offers, too. I'm not interested in the hands free option for either (or a Tapmaster for that matter).

Here's the Trinsic model:

Contemporary Kitchen by Calgary Interior Designers & Decorators Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design

Despite its very contemporary styling, the Trinsic seems to fit just fine in more traditional settings:

Eclectic Kitchen by Minneapolis Interior Designers & Decorators Allison Landers

Here's the Victorian

Traditional Kitchen by Orem General Contractors Tiek Built Homes

I think the Victorian has quite clean lines despite its tag; I expected more fussy detail based on the Victorian label.

The overall height, reach forward and spout height of each is very similar; the Trinsic is about an inch taller in overall height and spout height. The Trinsic doesn't come with the Brilliance finish but then again, neither does my current faucet and we seem to have managed just fine. ;-)

I'm leaning towards the Delta Victorian because I think the separate handle will be easy to use, even with icky hands. I also like that it MOL extends over the sink so that drips would fall into the sink. That said, I would likely turn the Trinsic faucet to face forward. Hubby thinks that's an odd idea but he's thought that about many things I've proposed for our kitchen, then once he gets used to the idea, he's on board. ;-)

The *only* reason I'm hesitating about the Victorian is that I wonder if there's a delay in water temp change after the handle has been adjusted because the handle is separate. Is this a concern or am I looking for problems that aren't there?

If you have either faucet or another with the handle separate from the main faucet, I'd love to hear from you!

TIA!

Comments (18)