SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melaska

FINALLY found my inspiration! Can u help me pull this together?

melaska
13 years ago

I've been going 'round & 'round on color schemes, & such for my kitchen...& basically the whole house since the kitchen/living/dining are in one area.

I think I've been going about this the wrong way (for me, anyway). I cannot look at single colors or even pics of kitchens, etc...I had to look in an entirely different direction & found what I was looking for while surfing on the web with no intent of looking for inspiration.

Here's what I found...I instantly felt 'this is it!' This is what I want! Lesson learned for me - find photos of things/places I would want to go visit. If it makes your heart smile when you see it...that's a good sign! :)

I found this lovely glass tile - I think it's made by Oceanside Glass Tile but I can't find this particular piece on their website - does anyone know?

I'd like to pull out as much of these colors of the first picture as I can. Oh, by the way, this is "Oia in Santorini, Greece at sunset". I am pretty much decided on mostly whitish cabinets with maybe the island a darker color in the first picture.

Can you give me some tips on how to use some of the other colors? I will want to use the yellows & orange tones to warm things up.

Thanks for any help :)

Comments (32)