SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ckinchen

Help me pull this living room together

ckinchen
4 years ago

Hi! I have this living room that I am trying to pull together. I don't have the budget to buy a new couch so that needs to stay. I bought this new ottoman that I thought would work but I don't think it does. I thought a lighter ottoman would work well but this is less gray and more cream. The room can be on the dark side due to couch and cherry floors. I wanted to make it brighter. The ottoman is bigger than I expected. My kids like to watch TV in this room and like to put their feet up so that is why I got the ottoman table. So I need to keep the couch and ottoman and I plan to get rid of the side chairs and eventually get a nice chair to put on the side of the couch and a nicer TV console as this one is too small for the space. I will also get rid of that tall lamp. I have white and teal drapes and was trying to incorporate a little blue/turquoise. I painted the side tables white which was a cheap fix and I will get rid of the old coffee table you see pushed to the side. Do you think the ottoman works? I still have the box but I would have to disassemble to return to amazon and that will be a big PIA. What would you do to make this look nicer and put together? I was thinking a white fluffy throw across the ottoman with a tray with some small green topiary. Just not sure what to do at this point.

will add photos separately as I am not able to include in this post.

Comments (55)