SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annab6_gw

Medium-size kitchen owners, how many appliances do you have?

annab6
15 years ago

We currently have a small kitchen, our appliances are 30" refrigerator, 30" range, a 21" sink and a non-working dishwasher. No wall oven or microwave. But we do have a reasonable amount of storage space (although some pans are stored in the oven and removed each time).

I've been admiring all the new appliances for so long that once we started planning a new kitchen (bigger because of the addition to the house, now 15 x 14.5, L-shape with an island), I have insisted on a bunch of things. The new plan has a 36" built-in refrigerator, a 36" gas range, an undecounter oven (our second oven), a microwave, a prep sink and an undercounter refrigerator. Although the storage is also improving by using drawers for pots and pans (no pans in the oven etc.), there is only a minor increase in the actual storage space because most of the new space is occupied by the additional appliances plus a garbage pullout. For example, we are not adding a real pantry.

Now that the plan is almost done, I still think this is what I want but at the same time doing a little-bit of second-guessing. Thoughts like, what about maintenance for all of these appliaces, replacing them in the future, is the cost worth the benefit etc.

So just wanted to see what everyone else is doing with respect to the appliances and why you made the choices you made.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz