SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clueless_70

need emotional support

clueless_70
13 years ago

I priced out a few kitchen showrooms, and was pretty sure which way I was going to go. A really nice guy, a local showroom, he did some really good work for my friends, worked well with me, etc. He gave me a range of prices, depending on the quality and detail of what I would ultimately choose, and while he educated me, he didn't pressure me to go top-of-the-line.

So far so good, right??

My permits finally came through from the town, and I was ready to finalise his design, put down a deposit, and start ordering. When I called the showroom, I was told he had left the business, but there was a new guy there. New guy is supposedly fantastic, has stacks of experience, so I made an appointment to meet with him.

Well, new guy trashed old guy's design, mocked my architect's drawing, and thinks he's Michaelangelo. He was pushing for top of the line everything, even when it doesn't suit my lifestyle, never mind my budget. And when he sent me a proposal, it was 30-40% above old guy's estimate.

I have to break up with him, right? I have to start the process all over again, right?

Does anyone think there's any use in trying to negotiate with him, and have him honour old guy's price? Is there any way this can end well?

Comments (11)