SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
june0000

I need advice, please

june0000
15 years ago

I know this is a step family forum and this isn't step related, but there are some posters on here who can see things very clearly and I'm in need of some very clear-thinking advice.

I've been divorced since early summer (he cheated). He did not want the divorce. He tried to convince me he would change, that he loved me, etc. He begged and he pleaded but I was so disturbed by what he did that I went ahead and got out of the marriage as fast as I could. It was fairly quick as we had no children together. Thank God.

To be cheated on is disturbing in itself but he had been carrying on secret life for at least a year. It included more than one woman and these women were young and very trashy. The one who called me to rat him out made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I'm not kidding. She was "f" this and "f" that. It was horrible.

If he was some playboy smooth type, I wouldn't have been in such shock. But he far from that type. He's a professional man with his own business. He looks like the boy next door with a squeaky clean personality to match.

Since the divorce, he has tried to stay in touch. Now he is back on the "I love you" thing and he is begging me to take him back and that he will do anything.

He has left presents at my front door, sent me love letters and he emails nearly daily, in addition to calling me and leaving messages on my voice mail.

I've had so much stress over what he did. In addition, I had to sell our house, get a divorce and buy a new one and move. Plus try to function at work. Interestingly, he has sailed through this all. His business continues to do well and he looks great. Go figure.

He is now begging me to meet with him to talk. I just want him to go away. I'm pretty sure he has a personality disorder. He's never hurt anyone physically - but he has totally broken the hearts of anyone who has ever really loved him, including me.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I don't want to get upset or worked up. I want peace. I think I deserve it.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus