SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boxiebabe

Out with the GE Profile dishwasher.. in with the ???

15 years ago

I posted this yesterday on the appliance forum, but didn't get much response. I have to make a selection today, so I am hoping by posting this here in the kitchen forum - I might get a little more helpful advice.

Some of you might recall that I had problems in the past with my new dishwasher (GE Profile PDW9900NBB). And now.....

A week ago, I did a load early that morning, unloaded the dishes when the cycle was completed.

Later that morning, while washing down the granite counter and the outside of the door - both felt HOT. The door was cracked, not "on". Upon fully opening the door a blast of heat and fumes came out.

The inside was HOT - as in OVEN HOT. I took an oven mitt and rolled the bottom rack out to find that the washer arm was MELTED onto the heating element. Upon further inspection, the bottom rack was melted too. I immediately shut off the breaker.

Long story short is.....

We have to visit Home Depot today to select a replacement for it. I don't want to go with the same exact dishwasher.

The brand choices available are:

LG

Maytag

GE

Amana

Hotpoint

These are what HD carries. I can't get my $ back - I can only get a replacement. It has to be a brand that they carry.

Do any of you have any comments/opinions on any of the above brands? If you do, please let me know the model # too.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Boxie

Here is a link that might be useful: Our current dishwasher

Comments (13)