SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mastiffmom_85

Revised Layout - Help!

mastiffmom_85
13 years ago

Hello all-

I posted about a month ago with my original builder's layout of my proposed kitchen. This is new construction, still in paper phase.

I am in the middle of my second pregnancy (and I have a 2 yr old), which has turned into a high risk mess, so unfortunately I've not had the internet time that I'd like! Sorry it's taken me so long to follow up.

Here is my original layout, plus one I've been playing with for the last week or so. I have a setup similar to drjay71's kitchen...U-shaped with an island. I've been thinking that the two island concept may be better for us than one giant island. I'd use one for prep space and one mainly for breakfast/lunch/snacks and homework/etc. We are informal eaters for breakfast and lunch, but we sit at the table every night for dinner.

In the second layout, I have the fridge on the wall shared by the pantry, but I can't decide if it would be better at one end or the other. I tend to be a pile-it-out-at once/prep-it-all type cook, so I don't mind if it's a little far from the cooking area if it will keep everyone out of my way!

Also, in the new layout, I've done away with the doorway going into the study (opposite side of cooktop wall), and I've nixed the tiny wall section by the main sink, which faces the LR. Originally, DH wanted that to be completely open with no wall, but now he's thinking it would be better with the small wall so we'd have dish storage in that upper, but I'm torn.

Anyway, I would appreciate your feedback! This site has been invaluable to me so far.

Thanks!

Comments (17)