SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acheavacci_gw

Help revising kitchen layout in new Build

acheavacci
11 years ago

Hi, this is my first post but I have lurked here for years. Our family is building a house and I would like your advise on the kitchen layout.

We are a family of four. My kids are 9 and 7 years old. We eat in most of the time and entertain about 6-10 a year. Sometimes they can get as large as 30 pple. My taste is traditional with some modern elements like stainless. However, I do not want stainless steel appliances. We are meeting on Friday to select cabinet style and stains, as well as flooring and countertops. The builder has given us the dimensions but not the blueprint of the kitchen yet. I drew (as best I could) the layout. Hopefully I can post the layout and a few pictures of some kitchens that are similar from the mls.
Some of my concerns are:
-Is the waste basket cabinet to far from the island where I plan to do the majority of prep?
-Is the drawer cabinet in the island too far from the range to hold the pots and pans?
-Though the range and dw do not touch when fully opened, should the dw be placed to the right of the sink?
Any help will be so much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ann Marie

Comments (8)