SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deev78

My Medallion Kitchen Reveal!!

DeeV78
9 years ago

I'm very excited about sharing my kitchen reveal. I'm very grateful to all the contributors on GW. I spent countless hours reading posts with reviews, considerations, and helpful advice. For example, Prior to starting the renovation, I didn't even know that there was such a thing as silgranite sink or garbage disposal air switch (love love both these new additions to my kitchen).

I will apologize in advance for the amateur photos...if there are components of the kitchen that anyone wants a closer look at, I'd be more than happy to respond.

Background:
Husband and I purchased this home 10 years ago as our starter home when we got married. It's a small single story ranch, but we subsequently finished the basement, so essentially doubled the living space. You enter the house into the living room. There used to be a wall going half the length of the LR behind which used to be the kitchen. Where the wall ended was the entrance to the dining space. There was oak hardwood in the LR and hideous blue vinyl tile in the kitchen (which apparently sat on top of three other layers of vinyl & plywood from previous owner renovations). There was a good 2-3 inch step-up between the living room and kitchen. The cabinets looked like the big box store in-stock cabinets, appliances were who knows how old. Kitchen is 11'x10'

Our renovation:
We decided to tear down that half wall that divided the LR and kitchen for an open floor plan. We flipped the location of the kitchen and dining room; so essentially rotated kitchen 180 degrees. Every single thing in the kitchen is brand new. Between cabinets, countertops, appliances, backsplash, sink, faucet, disposal, recessed lighting, pendant lighting, flooring, hardware, plumbing, electrical, new window and slider, our total cost came out to $33K.

Cabinets: Medallion Silver line, Winston door style in Divinity White for perimeter cabinets and Espresso finish for island

Countertop: originally wanted Absolute White, but the fabricator messed up the cut and we couldn't find another slab in the sane color. Ended up settling for Antique White which was busier than the Absolute White, but was the only slab that worked with the already selected backsplash and cabinet colors.

Backsplash: glass tile, AKDO Stagger Parchment Clear and Frosted. I don't remember which grout color I chose, but it's in the white family.

Flooring: new oak hardwood to match the existing floor in living. Had all flooring stripped and stained Dark Walnut.

Appliances: low to mid range Kenmore appliances. Fridge is French door with bottom freezer. Basic Over the range microwave, basic dishwasher, and mid range gas range.

Hardware: Atlas Homewares "Sutton Place" collection. All handles, combination of 3" and 5" depending on cabinet width. Venetian bronze on perimeter cabinets and brushed nickel on island

Sink: Blanco Diamond single bowl in Cafe Brown

Faucet: Delta Addison Single handle Touch2O

I think that's everything.

Before pic from living room looking into dining room:

Comments (51)