SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anna_2006

still need help with backsplash-granite or tile?

anna_2006
15 years ago

We stopped with the backsplash for a while, but now we are at the point of just wanting it finished.

We found out that some fabricator still has the same lot of granite slabs that are on our counter. So, I need your help. Do we go with a full granite backsplash or tiles (what kind?)?

I am including photos, but I have to remind you that the island is dark with antique brown granite, whereas the backsplash will go against the creamier cabs. The first shows the granite and some goldish tiles against the backsplash (which we want to finish in either full height granite or tile). The second and third pix show the backsplash area to be covered. The fourth pix shows the other side facing the light cabs, I have a dark hutch (as shown) and dark pantry which are the same colour as the island. Finally, I have attached a photo of the granite slab. Can anyone photoshop this onto the backsplash wall?

It is so hard to find a tile because the polished look of the granite makes every tile fade in comparison, whereas the full granite on the splash seems to look good, but it is soooo "alive"/busy? that I am slightly worried about using it. So, what do you think?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1541432}}

Comments (17)