SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joygreenwald

Cabinets finally going in tomorrow... make that TODAY

joygreenwald
9 years ago

And once again, I can't sleep. It's 4am. My crew comes in 3.5 hours. The cabinets have been here for over a month. The walls are freshly bplastered and painted. Nothing can be changed now. So, of course, I'm questioning every choice I've made, right down to keeping the one wall that could have been removed to make a totally open kitchen and choosing a peninsula instead of an island. Holey moley!

The kitchen is 10' x 8', open on one side to the dining room. I designed it to be super functional and give me the storage space I have been sorely lacking. I KNOW I couldn't afford to lose a wall. And I love the peninsula design. I'm just torturing myself.

I thought my sleepless nights were over. Ha!

I will report in tomorrow or Wednesday morning. They are starting the install with the base cabinets and promise they will all be in before Wednesday afternoon so granite can be templated Wednesday. Then they will finishing hanging Thursday/Friday.

Pending no disasters, granite install is Monday, and we have a semi functional kitchen in time for Rosh Hashanah. Here's hoping!

Comments (51)