SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monica8_gw

Paint color to go with my green counters and floor

Monica8
12 years ago

My kitchen was remodeled in 2000 and is in need of an update. Unfortunately, the only thing I can afford to do right now is paint and replace the gold knobs on the cabinets with silver. I have natural red oak cabinets, with lots of very dark green (NOT hunter green, more pine green) countertops and that same dark green (and a little white) marble laminate flooring. I have white tile backsplash, appliances, and sink as well as white trim around windows and baseboard. I have a BIG peninsula that seats 7 comfortably with black leather back stools. Right now I have a very subtle peach on the walls, but want to bring it more up to date with a different color. (wish I could afford to update counters and floor, but not in budget). I was thinking brown walls, but am afraid it would be too dark and maybe clash with cabinets? My other fear is that I don't want to pick a color that would make it look like I've regressed it back into the 80's with the green combo. I could use some good suggestions as to what color paint would look great. I found some black framed pictures of Italian pasta and cheeses that I would like to incorporate with some wonderful colors in it of the sage green, golds, tans, rusts and eggplant colors. Mostly the paint would be on the soffits above the cabinets and the one wall with the back staircase. The laminate flooring and countertops are both in great condition, I am just tired of all the green. I am hoping a new color on the walls will help me through a few more years of the overload of green! This has proven to be quite the challenge for me and I can use some input! Thanks in advance!

Comments (25)