SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justnotmartha

Start. . . stop . . . curl up and cry??

justnotmartha
15 years ago

So demo on our new Brady Bunch wonderland kitchen was set to begin (by DH and yours truly) the last week of this month. I've solved my classic black vs. white dilemma, ordered my cabs, appliances are in the garage . . . and whammy! Brick wall.

DH's parents are in some financial straights and we've had to write a couple big checks to help out . . . and it looks like we will be doing that for a while to come. This money is basically coming from the kitchen fund, and though our granite/marble guys are family friends, I don't think they will take a 6 pack as payment for that tab.

So the question is do I: a)put it all on hold and try not to lose my mind, b)do as much as we can before the well runs dry or c)curl up under the computer desk, clutch my Carrara sample and cry for a bit?

The fun part is that the kitchen is open to dining and living, so ALL the flooring, ALL the woodwork, ALL the ceilings have to be done at once.

Part of me thinks I should just buy a new apron and embrace the Carol Brady-ness of it all. Your thoughts?

Comments (11)