SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Everything is changing... need new layout help

remodelfla
15 years ago

I've posted dozens of threads and with the help of rhome and others, had come up with an awesome layout. Everything has to change. Long term boyfriend (kinda like a DH); is starting to freak about putting on the extension and wants to back out. Too much $$$, not worth the input of expense for the area, don't need it... just the two of us... etc. I'm in a tough position 'cause it is his house, yet he wants me to move there and be happy. It's more emotionally complicated then this but I'm trying to focus on the layout. I drew something up in Excel, for some reason, when I do, the graph doesn't show up in Powerpoint when I paste it there to upload to photobucket. I'll try again tomorrow to import some different graph paper and draw on that. I'm trying to work within the confines of the space we have. To do this, I have a add a new second bathroom since the only way I can figure to expand our master bath and keep a closet is to take over the existing 2nd bathroom. If you have ever followed my other endless and messily designed threads, you'll have a handle on my overall dimensions and weird wall offsets. I tried to put in some dimensions without getting too complicated in the pic. Here's some detail.

1. I'm going to have to lose the big windows I love and put a large counter height window on the west side. I'd like to have no uppers there except for down by the coffee center

2. I'm trying to keep the walk in pantry which use to be a laundry room.

3. The east side will have no window. I'm switching back to a 36" frig and a 30" induction cooktop. Will have uppers there. I don't know how to draw the corner cab and can't figure out how to put the door in.

4. I'll concede and put some kind of OTR speedcook MW in by the frig.

5. Would put 30" main oven in island. Island is 2' W by 54" long.

6. I could make a peninsula like a prep area. I figured I'd like by entire cooking side built lower (32"H) and would do the prep counter that height too. I can have a 3" riser and make the overhang counterheight since it would be impossible to find stools otherwise.

I hope I made this understandable. This house is only about 1500 sq. ft so space is at a premium.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County