SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

The ceiling is falling apart

msrose
16 years ago

While we were trying to figure out our beadboard dilemma, we realized we have an even bigger problem. We have popcorn ceilings and have painted all the ones in the house except in the bathroom we're currently working on. DH was putting some primer (Kilz) on the walls before we wallpaper and decided he would put some on the ceiling also. He figured you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between that and paint. Well, now the popcorn is starting to crack:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

The house is 23 years olds, so we figure the moisture did something to it after all these years. Could it be the fact that he used primer instead of paint? Anyway, we're trying to figure out how to fix this now. He bought a can of popcorn spray to repair it, but I have my doubts about it working. I know most people scrape the popcorn off, but we don't know what to do with it after that. Wouldn't the tape and bedding show? We're so ready to be done with this bathroom and don't really want to get into scraping and repairing the ceiling. Has anyone ever used the popcorn spray?

Laurie

Comments (33)