SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athenab_gw

revisiting layout! Would love your feedback again!

athenab
11 years ago

Hi again. So, after all your comments I went back to our cabinet maker and met with a KD that he recommended. We let her know how we enjoy our kitchen table but wonder about making the kitchen more open to the DR. I'm not really sure about the plans she came back with. I would love your feedback! She agreed that the kitchen is too narrow to make an island work, but didn't really seem to address opening the kitchen up somehow to the DR, mostly because of resale value I guess. In my previous post, I mentioned that we live in a traditional colonial in a very traditional neighborhood.

Anyway, I will post the original kitchen layout, which has a doorway at the back going to the hallway, a doorway in the middle right leading to the DR and a huge closet at the bottom right that has the w/d. The w/d will be leaving the kitchen. We haven't found its new home yet, but we are working on that. The kitchen is almost 13.5 feet wide and about 18 feet long, opening to the step-down family room. I still haven't figured out how to get the pictures to post at once, so please forgive me.

Comments (7)