SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shoshannat

Would love feedback on my kitchen layout!

Hello, I have been lurking for a while and would really appreciate getting some feedback on the attached layout. The house is quite old (1948) with a really unique floor plan (7 level split) and the current kitchen/dining room is located on one level below the main living space with a walkout to a stone patio from the dining area and a door to the garage from the kitchen. We are removing the wall separating the kitchen and dining room, adding french doors at the back of the dining room and relocating the sink to to the back of the house facing our backyard. At some point we plan to add a screened in porch off the ding area and finish off the garage space to make it livable and build a free standing 2 car garage (but that is phase 2).

So far I have chosen calcutta subway tile for the backsplash, white cabinets with a wood island and a gorgeous antique brass bar faucet. I just ordered a 48" Thermador pro dual fuel range and am looking at a zinc or antique bronze hood. The floors are a medium/dark stained wood. I am considering Taj Mahal Quartzite for my countertops to bring out the warm wood/gold tones in the backspash and hood, but would love something with a little bit of green in it. any suggestions?? The island is pretty small (2 X 3) but I really need some additional prep space. The original kitchen is 13 x 13, but we are extending the peninsula into the dining space another foot or so. We had considered a cabinet in the dining room with a wine fridge, but as you can see from the drawing, we are not going to have too much eating space left. I think we are going to scrap that and then get a farm table with a bench seat for the back wall. Thoughts?? Thanks in advance!

Comments (18)