SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceanna_gw

Fainting couch bites and progress report

oceanna
16 years ago

If you're faint of heart, skip the next paragraph as I really do mean bites!

I stripped my whole faining couch down naked. In the process I recieved various sharp pokes, one that bled quite a bit, and a few stupid plyers pinches. I'm definitely better than I used to be as I really messed up my hands the first time I tried reupholstery. But I did one really stupid thing; I dropped the f.c. on my right big toe. The nail cracked down the center about half way and then veered off over to the side edge, and the whole thing has turned black. I was limping yesterday and on pain pills. But the part that really worries me is it's PALE black, leading me to think the entire nail might be detaching? Anyone had that happen and can advise? It's far less painful today, but so far I've kept a dog from stepping on it and haven't stubbed it, unlike last night.

The fabric Les suggested came and it's totally wrong -- absolutely my fault for not ordering a sample swatch like an idiot. It looks so bright and pretty in the computer picture, but in person it looks a dark muddy cranberry brown and doesn't do a thing for either the f.c. or the sofa and chair, or the room. Talk about decorating mistakes. MY bad. That one was a costly lesson. I hope I can sell it. Gotta' get my camera fixed first so I can take a more honest picture of it.

The fabric I already had looks FAR better in comparison and really is pretty with the sofa and chair. It may not be photographing well on your computer screens but I like it. So now I have to lay out the pieces and pray I have enough of it.

The JCPenney draperies arrived and are still in their packages. The drapery rod hasn't gotten here yet. They look too dar, too, and too green -- but I'll re-evaluate that after my f.c. is done. At least Penneys is great about taking things back. A big thanks to whoever posted here the other day that the catalog department has swatches; if I take them back I'll bring some fabric bits with me from the sofa and f.c. and pick the really right thing.

Comments (10)