SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Do these windows make my kitchen look fat?

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

Some of you playing along at home may recall my kitchen wall. The windows, the window placement, and everything you see in the line up is new, so it can be whatever I want.

The question is in re windows.

For my mockup, i googled images to find a window I liked, and cut and pasted it in. (below)

{{!gwi}}

But my GC says that Pella (they make the best choice for an oceanfront location we are told) cannot make the window above (it has to be exactly 60 inches wide, like my sink) with three sections, unless it is double hung. I think casement is better, no? More light? More air? (no A/C on this floor*)

But ... if I go with casement, it will look like the mockup below. I think the two across looks kinda ungainly, fat, or squat? Is it just because in one case I have pretty photo, and in the other a spec drawing?

What do you think? Do the 2 across windows look bad?
{{!gwi}}

* for those of you who really wanted me to put in whole house central air, we have partially caved. To get a/c to the 3rd floor will entail going right past us on the 2nd, and the walls are all open on most of that floor anyway. So we will have central a/c on the second and third floor.

Comments (37)