SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mellyc123_gw

How do I make kitchen soffits fit into my elegant vision of kitch

mellyc123
12 years ago

Please don't laugh out loud : ) Other than not being very attractive, there isn't really anything wrong with this kitchen. I will update it in a few years, however for now it needs a facelift with paint, inexpensive counters and hardware and some nice lighting. I have added a black fridge and range and would like to have the cabinets painted. I have started painting the grout taupe so it blends in with the tile and the tile has gray in it.

White cabinets, taupe cabinets, gray cabinets??

My vision of what I want this room to be gets all cloudy when I consider the soffits and the popcorn ceiling.

I have used SW Chinchilla and SW Pallisade in other rooms. I like traditional furniture and I am looking for a round mahagony duncan phyfe table and shield chairs to go in the eating area so I want to somehow give this area an elegant look (pls don't laugh out loud )... l can't decide if I should add floor length curtains to those windows. Oh and I have a 75 gallon fishtank to incorporate in the living room area which I plan to put on a mahagony buffet.

See, I need some serious help! This room is open to the living room with a small dining area between similar to your layout.. and I have to keep the fishtank...

Beekeepers wife, what would you do?? Your layout is similar to mine.

There is so much talent on this site, surely someone out there can help me discover the potential here ...

kitchen

sink area

{{!gwi}}

windows where table has to go:

wall where fish tank is going to go:

Thank you!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County