SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

Should I change my vision for the love of one item?

funkyart
14 years ago

Many of you weighed in on my search and eventual selection of a copper dining table. I love the table and it fits the budget. The problem now is that the table doesnt work with my plans for the room-- and while I thought I was willing to rework my vision, I am finding that it isnt as easy to

give up as I had thought.

My vision for a rustic but elegant garden inspired room. I wanted a simple but striking table-- preferably reclaimed materials, possibly painted. Eventually (1 yr?) I will pair it with upholstered or slipcovered chairs-- something along the lines of Parma's painted chairs or the Shabby Chic slipcovered cushion chairs. I have a large rustic chest and a vintage glass china cabinet in the room now. I have selected a chandelier but have held off purchasing it until I have selected table.. and I had intended to finally buy the vietri pottery that I have lusted for years.

I am finding that I am ok giving up any one element in the room but I am less comfortable giving up the entire vision. I just don't see the copper table working with the softer chairs or the vietri pottery at all.

Do I stick to my vision or do I give it time to come up with a new vision? If the table is right-- shouldnt I have immediately come up with a new vision?

The table that is throwing everything off..(note that I can get a similar table with a wood top for much less).

The large chest that I have moved to the DR. I could move it back to the LR but it seems to fit the DR better (it was originally planned for the BR but it wouldnt go up the stairs)

The chandelier (I have selected but not yet purchased)

The vietri pottery I love.. I am wiling to give it up but I will want something similarly rustic but pretty.

What do you think? Am I derailing myself or having a last minute panic before a purchase?

Comments (42)

• threedgrad
    14 years ago

I do not know why you think that this great looking copper topped table would not work with the other items. Candace Olson puts modern with antique items all the time. To dress up the table for dinner parties a lovely tablecloth would work nicely. And landscapers use copper accessories in the garden quite often. Just look at that show Curb Appeal.
    The upholstered Parsons chairs would look great with the table as well and you could get additional slipcovers for the chairs. Surefit.com sells these type of chairs with various slipcovers available.

Go for it - let's see those finished room pictures!!!

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for your thoughts, 3D.. but I wasn't clear. I do not plan to include anything modern or contemporary in the room. The chairs will be old looking (if not old) with a vintage/french style.

I understand that I could put a tablecloth on the table to work with whatever dishware I use but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a copper table top and then cover it whenever I want to use the table.

What I am concerned about is that the rustic table will not allow me to add my feminine touches. I dont want a frilly room but I do want some feminine, french, garden touches.

Maybe I just need to open my mind more. You are right, Candace could make it work-- but she doesnt seem to have my budget LOL.

• Related Discussions

Help! Should I change my windows?

Q

Comments (9)
    LOL! Laxsupermom, I'm in L.A. so dead of winter isn't usually too hard on the herbs once they're well established. :) Thanks so much for the "love, love, love" since I've been time-shocked for months and missed them elsewhere. It's very reassuring! In fact, in looking at why I don't need the greenhouse window, I'm realizing it's not because I need it for the winter thing, or even for the beauty thing, and it's not even the light thing (though I'm reassured that there won't be less light). It's the LOVE thing I want!! If I do this I want to love my windows as much as I love the newish french doors on the studio, rather than, eh, it's a window. Raenjapan, I hadn't thought of doing the greenhouse window at counter level. Interesting idea! It could be very cool. I don't know if it's possible. This one might be only standard sizes. But I'll check. Rhome, Good point! I don't know if the shape and placement of the old windows would bother me, but the yucky oldness might! Thanks for pointing that out. And the kitchen has looked like crap with stuff being packed piled everywhere for so long I forgot how pretty it will be. :) With the slider right there I don't really need the pass through window and counter, especially since the penninsula is turning into an island so there won't be the walking around it, but it'll sure make entertaining out back easier. Rosie, thanks for the straight answer! Part of my problem with the decision has been that I am the designer. My contractor--one of the guys wanting this--has a design background and has contributed some excellent and important ideas, and I daresay the cabinet maker will contribute some more (different one than the also excellent guy who said to change the windows). Mostly, the design is mine however, with a lot of input, help and encouragement from the folks here.
    ...See More

my lr vision gone with one fell swoop

Q

Comments (62)
    I love equestrian stuff...goes back to my days of being horse happy as a child. I have a number of horse statues around yet and had an equestrian theme in DH's study at the old house...even had my old helmet and riding crop propped up on the book case. There is something about how the fur on a horse so beautifully shows off its muscles and bone structure that make them such wonderful creatures to look at. Note the Antoine-Louis Barye horse sculpture on the mantel.
    ...See More

Should I change my hardware from chrome to orb? Pics

Q

Comments (31)
    Segbrown - Love your kitchen and your pulls, and your tin backsplash! Wish I could do another kitchen with cabinets like yours just so I could do the orb pulls. =) Josie - I really do like the look of the orb on the dark cabinetry, good for you for being brave to post your pretty cabinets and hardware despite the "orb is dead" posts, which are completely fair and I love when people state their opinions with resonance!! I think the white counters break it up though, whereas my desk/pantry area is a sea of dark with nothing to break it up. What I forgot though is that when I put things in the open shelf and even right on the desk counter, the things pop like nobody's business which is great and makes the chrome hardware stand out less. Case in point....the green apples, silver clock and pink grapes. I love how they pop: RM - Articulate and savvy RM! Good point about all the other metal that we have in there. Did I tell you we had trouble finding the table? So we're still stuck on what time of table to get. Glass would work so well, yet it's not fun to eat off of glass. I'd prefer a wood top for sure. My finished kitchen photos will come one day...I'm glad our uppers are up. The backsplash will be in in no time, along with the crown molding. there was an issue with the chair fabric so we may have to wait until mid-Feb to get them. The drapery fabric is also on backorder I believe - who knew it was so hard to get fabric??? I may do an "80%" post just for you though... Okay, I am content with the chrome pulls again. Had a momentary bout of insanity. I also don't want my kitchen to be done, I have too much fun on this forum!!! None of you hang out at home decorating, just a few of you on bathrooms. I should start a new post - Which forum do you visit after your kitchen renovatin is over???
    ...See More

help for my hood I have one more chance to change it

Q

Comments (46)
    Ding, ding, we have a winner! That last size (with nice helper holding it up) is perfect imho. It is simple, clean lines, and balances the top. I would wrap it around the side since there is space. I'm excited to see the reveal! And pluuuuleease, do not apologize or think you are bothering us in the least. That post earlier was a bit bizarre.
    ...See More
  • pbrisjar
    14 years ago

funkyart, I see those pieces together and my heart does a little pitter pat. I think they are all gorgeous and will work wonderfully together. The elegant simplicity of that table will allow you to add more "feminine" elements and be an anchor / balancing factor.

Have you tried a cut and paste assembly of all the elements?

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have cut and pasted the pieces together-- all except the chairs. I should do that. I hadnt yet because I definitely don't have room in the budget to replace chairs... but I think they will be key to bringing the look all together for me. I am willing to build the look overtime.. as long as the destination gives me what I want.

What is really throwing me off is the vietri pottery. It doesnt feel right anymore. In truth, I have a set of coffee mugs I love from The Good Earth Pottery(link below). I had planned to mix and match patterns from this company for my everyday dishes. Depending on which patterns I selected, I could easily use these for more special occasions too.. in fact, I love that idea!

Thank you so much, Pbisjar and 3D.. I needed to go through this exercise. When it was all floating in my head I was ready to throw up my hands. Your comments and this conversation helped me to pull it back together. I am still not clear on chairs-- but I have time to figure that out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Good Earth Pottery

• pbrisjar
    14 years ago

OMG that pottery is GORGEOUS!

Alas, no retailers anywhere near me. Probably for the best, though.

I think the vietri would work and I can see why you love it but honestly I think the Good Earth stuff is even better (and normally I go for the more ornate/frilly).

Hmm, how about a few special serving pieces in the Vietri that you could bring out on the special occasions, mixed with the Good Earth stuff?

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ha.. well I couldnt decide between them months ago so I ended up planning to get both. The good earth for the kitchen/everyday and the vietri for the dining room. They are comparable in price-- and they both offer great and unusual serving pieces so I would probably stick with the Good Earth stuff.

My local store carries both-- but THEY all prefer the vietri and have complained about some quality issues with the Good Earth-- plates that are different sizes, patterns that differ slightly. I can live with that-- it's part of the charm IMO. I will say, my mugs are VERY durable-- I know I shouldnt put anything that expensive in the dishwasher, but i do and it is fine. I have also been a clutz and dropped the mugs on the floor more than once and there are no cracks or chips.

My current mugs are from the mockingbird line and are green striped (like the clamshell dish on the home page). I think I will likely go with the patterns in celery/celadon color range for the dining room to help soften all the wood and metal. What do you think?

• abundantblessings
    14 years ago

I can easily visualize how beautiful all your selections will look together. One of the prettiest DRs had a similar garden feel and I fondly remember the glow of candles and great comraderie shared in that lovely setting. Aside from the elements changing from your original idea, what's your concern about each item?

It seems the chandelier, with its simple lines. still has enough oomph to work with the copper table. You can change the candle sleeves to some darker ones with candle drips if you like that look and get bigger prisms if they seem too small with the table. Slipcovered or upholstered chairs will easily work too. The dishes will be wonderful, and while you don't want to cover the table maybe a heavy linen cutwork or some French garden or Toile print or even simple green linen placemats will soften the look and pull it all together. Add a couple of ficus or palms with uplights. The centerpiece in the ad throws off how I see "your" vision. Put together a centerpiece more in keeping with your selections, maybe a vintage tureen filled with old fashioned roses and/or hydrangeas. it will be beautiful. Get what makes your heart sing.

• happyintexas
    14 years ago

I love the contrast of the pretty china with the rustic elements of the table and chandelier. Unexpected, fresh, and interesting.

• abundantblessings
    14 years ago

I posted the above before I saw your responses with Good Earth. I still love the white Vietri so I would get both and mix with Good Earth. The Vietri would also be great with thick jewel colored glass plates.

• pbrisjar
    14 years ago

Soft greens and copper are a natural. Think of how copper patinas. Very natural and garden-like.

• allison0704
    14 years ago

Your choices are all beautiful, but I have to agree the dishes are too stark, imo. The Good Earth is perfect.

In last month's House Beautiful, there was an article titled Napa Valley Home with New Traditional Style. I really like what they had to say about decorating, mixing, etc

Here is a link that might be useful: Napa Valley Home with New Traditional Style

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks again for all your thoughts and compliments on my choices.

Allison, I enjoyed the article in House Beautiful.. HB is definitely the source of a lot of my inspiration. In fact, the Feb 2009 cover is my most recent inspiration room. My room has gone off in a different direction with the copper but it is still my inspiration-- a great mix of rustic textures with fresh colors and feminine lines. I would still go for a painted table if I found the right one-- the key for me though is to have a unique, rustic organic table that is the focal point of the room. I think the copper achieves that but in a different way. In all honesty, though, I am still contemplating a painted table.

Like many of you, I also love the vietri but in reality the vietri and good earth do not work well together. The vietri is much more delicate and the color palettes are very different. I am all for mixing and matching but they don't play well together. There are other vietri patterns but incanto is the one I am most drawn to. No worries though-- I will be using vietri in the adjoining room. I am looking at a rustic garden urn for the fireplace mantle.

Pbrisjar, I also like the idea of the soft greens with the copper. In fact, I have been thinking about a soft blue-green for the walls. The colors will transition well to the adjoining LR.

Allison, I had to laugh at the ladder in the article. I would never be gutsy enough to put a ladder in the LR as art- but I would be very likely to just leave it there after a project. (blush)

Thanks again everyone. I am more confident in my direction thanks to you all allowing me to talk "aloud". I am still looking at my table options though.. something is keeping me from just ordering the table. I may just have my heart set on a painted table.

• juddgirl2
    14 years ago

I love all of your choices so far, and think they complement each other very well. The copper table is gorgeous, the vietri china is so pretty, and I am in love with that dresser!

I do understand how you might be feeling though, because I'm remodeling and lately always seem to be questioning if my furniture and decorating decisions "work" or make it appear that a schizophrenic lives here! Love the pretty feminine things, like the Shabby Chic furniture, slipcovers, and pretty china, but am also drawn to the more rustic copper, leather, iron, and heavy stoneware, which better suits both my husband and my ranch style home.

If you love the copper table, then you should get it, but if you decide on a painted table, then you might want to check this company. They offer a line of painted furniture that almost tempted me away from my trestle table (which they are making for me). The pretty scalloped black farm table needs to be in my home :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Painted tables

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

Funky,
    Show us some more pics of your home. I like what I see:)
    B/c of the pic of the leather chair & chest...that copper table looks like it belongs!! To me, it looks like the china is the one that is too girly. Of course, this is coming from someone that struggles with the girly/boy thing myself. My den is somewhat masculine & my Lr is more feminine.

I love the looks of the The Good earth pottery that you linked us to & think it would look great with a copper table. I have a copper sink & love love it. I just wash it with a soapy sponge.

Smiles:)

• parma42
    14 years ago

Hi Funky, I'm back from vacation.

Really like the new table but I know how frustrating it is to finally pull the trigger.

You could pull the old trick of mixing up your table settings, getting some of your inspiration and adding a few pieces in the mare color or the Francesca pattern. So many restaurants do that in Italy.

I also liked the tin topped tables on the site that juddgirl2 linked.

In your price range, you also have the option of buying a great vintage table and having a pro trick it out into the perfect finish.

• claireking
    14 years ago

You have a great taste- I really like everything you picked and I think that it will look wonderful together.
    Like scoobyruby I would love to see the pictures of your home!

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am home sick today with a horrible headache-- but wanted to respond quickly.

Juddgirl-- funny, I had been looking at their site a few days ago. I like the scalloped apron too-- I also like the architectural trestle tables. I do love the copper table but I cant seem to give up on the painted tables either.

Scooby -- what a great compliment as I love your style and your home. I cant say that my house is much to look at.. I have most of the rooms on a path to a vision but havent achieved a "look" or a completed room. I do struggle with the feminine touches-- I don't have a DH to keep happy but much as I love the girly touches, but I also like the more masculine library look too. I am schizophrenic ha.

Parma--welcome home! Hope you had a good visit. Yup. I am torn and also like the tables on the link Juddgirl shared. I guess if I was committed to the copper table, I wouldnt still be looking. I do like the incanto with the mare .. and there is also a new line with softer colors-- pale blue, green and a buttercream. That's what I had imagined with a gorgeous old or old wood table. Ach..What I really need is a bigger house with a couple of dining spaces :)

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

Funky, your sweet. I haven't achieved a look, either - have had to work with what I have/given to me!! And think too much about what I would do if I won the lottery:)

Okay, get the painted table & find some copper chargers & some rattan chargers so you can play with your table settings!

These at Amazon are only $10 & you can soak them in very very hot water to take the laquer off so they will patina.

Here is a link that might be useful: copper chargers

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

Oh, and most importantly....I hope you feel better.

And what I have seen of your home...I like very much. You have great taste:)

I have just started taking Topamax for headaches myself & can I just say....they don't call it Dopamax for nothing!! I have had to hit backspace so many times & pause to try to remember how to spell things - oh my - but this does pass. (I have taken this before)

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

I really really love that chandelier, fwiw. Please don't change that element.

• stinky-gardener
    14 years ago

I love all the elements you've selected, Funky. You are so detail-oriented. I love that you *have* a vision & that you honor & adhere to it so adamantly.

That wonderful copper table would allow you to use feminine details without things ever seeming to sweet or frill, which is really nice, imo. I love rustic/refined, hi-end/lo-end things combined.
    Thought you might like to take a gander at this website, since you're shopping for dishes. The Venice & Batalha patterns remind me of you (in the most neutral colors they come in.) Wish the site offered more detailed photos in color.

Good luck with your choices & keep us posted!!

Here is a link that might be useful: More dishes...

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Scooby- thank you again, ha.. I feel like I try to ride it out on a few interesting pieces but that is what makes it fun for me (though I often need to remind myself of this fact) -- build some structure with a few pieces I love and fill in around them for a fun and ever changing look.

I love the idea of copper chargers-- as I (like my fellow dishware addict, Parma) like to mix it up. I don't have nearly as many sets or pieces as I used to but I like to switch up the table look based on my mood and the occasion. Perhaps THAT is why I feel a hesitation in going with the copper table. Much as I love it, I don't think it will be as adaptable to all the different place settings, centerpieces. It has, basically, one look. I love those chargers-- I'll need to check them out. (Have I seen your copper sink?) I wish the table was available locally--the owners of the store that sells the vietri and the good earth have offered to come do place settings for me before I decide... I'd send them to the store haha.

Fly -- I love the chandelier also! it is nothing fancy... but it is the only one I have seen in my price range that I love. It is from PB and on sale! The only reason I havent bought this yet is that I wanted to find my table first in case I changed my direction (as I have done so many times). I think it will work with anything I'd pick though.

As for my home-- I will post more pictures as I get further along. My house is a mess these days and I have little time to focus on organizing or decorating. I am hoping to take a day a week to shaping up the looks though and I will surely share photos along the way. I need to organize, edit, move artwork around.. take boxes to the basement *cough*.. dust *cough*

Thanks for the wishes on my headache. I have a full blown bug it seems-- I have been shivering under blankets all day. I dont even feel like shopping-- now that is sick!

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Stinky.. isnt it funny how things look from the outside? I feel like my vision has been schizo but the truth is there are common threads through all my visions-- and it is as you say, rustic/refined, highend/lowend, hard/soft. The mix gives a room interest.. and it excites me.

I LOVE those dishes.. do you know who carries them in the states? I will do a search when I am feeling better.. but I saw quite a few interesting patterns.

I am often swayed by different patterns and dishes. I had started growing a dishware collection right out of college. When I moved out of the farmhouse, I had to purge lots of my dishes. It was time-- as my tastes have changed over the years. I donated some and gave others away. Now I am feeling the desire to restock haha.

I will keep you posted.

• threedgrad
    14 years ago

What is stopping you from getting that great looking copper table? Can you get a painted buffet or serving table to satisfy your desire for a painted furniture piece?

• kateskouros
    14 years ago

i can weigh in on the vietri dinnerware since i have a set: you can check home goods frequently and while you probably won't find vietri you can come very close to the look. i just found a LOT of dishes/bowls etc... with the same look at a fraction (and i do mean FRACTION) of the cost.

plus, if you do get the vietri don't even THINK of putting it in the dishwasher. even if it SAYS 'dishwasher safe".

• desertsteph
    14 years ago

i think all of the items you've posted here would be beautiful together. the chest would look great - and I LOVE the chandelier! wow on that one!

and i love the saffron pottery - popping that into a folder for future use...

• Sheeisback_GW
    14 years ago

I really like all the choices you have together. Really like the pottery! I think the copper table does work with everything else you have. Scooby makes a good point about being more limited with table settings with the copper table. Maybe the copper accents would fill the void of the table?

• parma42
    14 years ago

I love those chargers that scooby linked. Think I might buy a few for my kitchen table.

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

Funky,
    I called my Aunt in MS - and she has Good Earth Pottery ( did you notice how many dealers there are in MS?). Anyways, she LOVES it!!!! She has the cool fish platters!! (they live on a lake)

When I clicked on the link you provided above I thought it looked familiar & remember her raving about it and she has beautiful taste:)

• angelcub
    14 years ago

Just wanted to chime in that I think all your choices will look good together. I think you could minimize the starkness of the white dishes with some more rustic looking placemats, or mix and match with other tableware.

Love that table! And the GE pottery is nice, too. But I'd get what calls to you. You'll be able to work it all in together. Just take your time. Sometimes a small detail like placemats can make all the difference.

Good luck and have fun!
    Diana

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gosh, thanks for everyone's continued feedback. I apologize for being MIA but I havent been feeling well.

Scooby-- I have 6 Good Earth mugs that I just love. It is great to hear your aunt has had similar experience with them. I totally dig the fish platters-- I have had a thing for fish lately so you know I MUST get one! They also make an adorable teapot with a bird on top that I could see in your home.

I don't know guys, I know this will disappoint many but I am just not ready to order the copper table. I am afraid that it isnt flexible and it won't give me a path to change (my personality requires this) I like the tables from juddgirl's link and then I found a very cool table on CL (but I think it is too big for my room). I am just so torn and I am not going to buy anything until I am 100% comfortable with the purchase.

ok... at least 90% comfortable. I made two very large purchases last year and I am not happy with either of them.. I dont want to do the same with the table.

Here is a link that might be useful: painted table

• threedgrad
    14 years ago

How much was that copper table? Was it also a CL item? No offense, but I think the painted table is more limiting than the copper table. But you have to be happy with your choice.

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Copper table is a little over 2k and is new.

I guess I have a different vision. How do you see the painted antique table as limiting? It is not likely the table I will purchase (it's too big) but it is along the lines I pictured.. but round. Old. painted. chippy. european style.

• parma42
    14 years ago

Well, you could always go for the FH, lol. The table with the white, on the pics, is HW.

Sorry for the double pics but I'm too lazy to go back to photobucket and fix.

I still like the copper table, also.

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ohhhhh you know I covet the FH table. I have always liked the base of the HW table too but I dont care for the scalloped top.

I cant tell you how times over the last year I have thought that I need your table in my house-- but I dont think my dining room would do it justice. Maybe in my next house :)

• Sheeisback_GW
    14 years ago

Parma - DROOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL I wish I had more rooms for tables, chairs, and lamps! :)

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Haha.. she has great taste, doesnt she? I drool over that table everytime I see a photo of her room. I drooled over it even before she took delivery-- they have it in the showroom at gehrhart's furniture.

• juddgirl2
    14 years ago

You are definitely making the right decision in not committing to a table until you're sure - at least 90%! That's a lot of money to spend - even for the CL table - on something if you're still undecided. Plus, I'm sure the copper table and the painted tables aren't going anywhere anytime soon :-)

The CL table - I don't know. At first, when I just saw the distressed wood tabletop, with its unusually shaped corners, and the painted black apron (my favorite combo!), I was thinking it was definitely a gorgeous table. Then when I scrolled down to the legs something seemed off balance to me. I like tapered legs, but maybe they appear too spindly (??), especially at the very bottom, considering the width and mass of the tabletop.

I love round tables and wish that my dining room could accommodate one. An antique round table with a reclaimed wood top and painted, chippy, pedestal base and slipcovered chairs sounds like heaven and would look beautiful with your dresser and chandelier!

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The CL table is not in the running-- it is too long for my room. I want space to set off the table. I also think the legs are kind of weird-- too narrow at the bottom. Chicken legs LOL.

He does have a breakfront that I love-- it's like mine but much nicer. I just cant justify the trip for one similar to mine-- it's 3hr away. It did get me thinking that perhaps using "pretty" furniture with the copper table rather than the hunkin big chest might work better for me. I just need a place for the chest darn it.

I am sorry to take you all on my wild paths.. I am going to try to make a decision by this weekend. If I was this indecisive at work, I'd be out on the street!

• sweeby
    14 years ago

You've chosen some lovely pieces Funky, and I think I can see your vision. Try to anchor it in a few key words so it doesn't get lost on you.

IMO, the copper table definitely can work, but it also isn't your only option, and as you say, it may be less flexible to change down the road, and at $2K, it isn't such a bargain that you need to run right out and get it. Just my two cents, but with that chandalier (that's a must) and dinnerware along the lines of the Vietri (or similar Pier One or Home Goods pieces), combined with the right linens and slipcovers, any number of tables would work. The table will fade into the background IYKWIM...

For chairs, a simple ladderback design with a rush seat accented by floral seat cushions (feminine - change as often as you want) could be wonderful and versatile. (And cheap!)

{{!gwi}}

• funkyart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sweeby, I could give you a big hug! I think you are absolutely right-- especially in my room, the table will fade into the background. In fact, I knew that all along but it never clicked-- that is why I didnt buy the French Heritage table I fell in love with last summer when Parma ordered hers. My room wouldnt do it justice.. it doesnt have the view or space to showcase it.

What IS important to me is that the table is round and works well (rather than against) the other elements-- that explains why I am all over th place. Painted, copper, even mission tables have been on my list-- the only common threads are old/old looking, round, european-ish.

Thank you .. I have more focus now and it really makes sense given my decision earlier today-- I am going to order the chandelier and maybe paint before I get the table. I think it will make a big difference and will give me time to decide on a table.

I love the chairs with rush seats-- I could even use those with my current table. I dont see anything like them on our local CL but I will watch ebay and the consignment stores.

(sorry if i am babbling and not making sense-- it's been a long day and I wanted to be sure to respond because your post was really helpful to me. )

• sweeby
    14 years ago

Glad I could help! And you should be able to find similar chairs pretty quickly. In my neck of the woods, you can generally find them for between $150 and $600 for a set of four. Less if you appreciate a little patina; more if they claim to be French! ;-)

Sponsored
Jennifer Stoner Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Reputable Richmond Based Interior Designer & Furniture Designer