SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanwrites_gw

Done but not decorated - moved furniture into place

13 years ago

The electrician has finished. The painter has finished. And after six months we have finally moved all the furniture back into place, in the newly painted, refloored and safe from electrical fires rooms. No decorating yet but here's a sneak peek.

And it turns out that not being able to use the bookcases is perfect. They would have been much too much.

The old living room that was never used is now the new dining room. We tried had each of the pieces in all possible configurations. This is the best of the bunch. We haven't brought the chairs done from upstairs yet.

The trade-off here is that the French doors need to stay closed for this to work but I'm mostly okay with that. The doors work better if the cabinets are swapped but having the sideboard/bar on the other side makes it hard to use.

And this used to be the dining area but will be a great seating area. I'm not having any luck yet finding a coffee table or ottoman that I like or at a price I'm willing to pay yet. I'll keep looking. Not sure if that black cabinet will stay in the meantime or not but I'm going to try putting it on the same wall as the loveseat (but the other side.)

The rug for this space should be here tomorrow! I hope I picked a good one.

I am so glad to have this done and can't wait to decorate.

Comments (30)