Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

Some move furniture, I move cabinets.

cfmuehling
13 years ago

Well.

I'm letting off steam.

I'm exhausted.

I am rebuilding and doing it all myself.

I have $0.00 on my yoga teacher income, so I'm making my kitchen out of donated cabinets, some from reuse centers, people who are remodeling, who let me have their stuff, and from a gift from my sister, 6, brand new, 100% plywood cabinets that I think hold the whole thing together.

It wouldn't be so bad, but today I put up 2, W2142, and then took them down and replaced them with a W4230. When I get a newer, better made cabinet? I take out the often old, particle board cabs. Some of these cabinets outweigh me.

I think I'm at the end of that row, though. I have 13' 6" on that wall alone. On another wall, 72" of uppers and lowers in a credenza layout. Add in my MBR with 16' 10" of cabinets happening? [sigh] Someday I'll have storage. No closets, but cabinets galore.

I hate to paint, but I sure can't wait to do it. The drywall is done in the kitchen, and with these cabinets up I can paint the whole kit and kaboodle. I'm planning ahead for under cab lighting, etc.

OK. I'm feeling better now. Plus, I still have to screw in a W3642. Ever tried to balance cabinets on your knees, to get them up and balanced on drywall buckets so you can find a stud and hook 'em to the wall? Well.....

Wish me luck.

Christine

Comments (23)