SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Where to buy carpeting and logistics of moving furniture?

We need new wall-to-wall carpeting in two kids bedrooms upstairs and the hallway. Last time we bought carpeting it was through SamÂs Club. I donÂt think they offer that anymore.

Where is the best place to look? Places like LoweÂs, Home Depot, etc., or carpet stores? We are not looking for anything either high-end or unusual. Just a plush that will be some shade of beige. Because it will be in a hallway, something that will not matt quickly like the cheap builderÂs carpet did. We do not have a dog and the kids are grown up (almost). Is there much of a difference between what is offered between home improvement stores and carpet stores, if you are asking for a plain common thing?

And another question about logistics. We need to paint these rooms too: ceilings for sure and maybe we can get away with just paint touchups on the walls. Both rooms are chock full with bedroom furniture, large bookcases and a bazillion books. Both have closets that are also carpeted.

In my ideal scenario we would move all the small stuff into the MBdr, installers would move all the big stuff into the MBdr (not that it would all fit, LOL). They would remove the carpet and padding on a Friday. All weekend we could paint. Then Monday they would come back to install the carpeting and move the big stuff back in. Is this unrealistic? Would installation companies do this? Or for bedrooms do they do one room fully (rip out old, install new) then do the next fully? Has anyone had this done recently?

What makes the most sense? My husband suggests that, (after we move all the small stuff into the MBdr) we move all the big stuff into the middle of each room and paint first. Given doorways and the tight hallway, moving the big stuff OUT of each room entirely would be very difficult by ourselves.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County