SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threeapples

Foyer paint color options--please advise

threeapples
11 years ago

Our new house has a foyer that is very visibly connected to the hallways on the first and second floor. The foyer does not get a huge amount of light. The floor in the foyer and on the first floor hallway is a black and white honed checkerboard marble and the floor in the upstairs hallway is a brown stained red oak. The trim will all be Benjamin Moore China White. I am having a heck of a time deciding between the following colors for the foyer: F & B Hardwick White, Shaded White, Cornforth White, Old White, Sherwin Williams Functional Gray.

I don't want a "color" like green, red, etc., and feel like the color I choose has to be somewhat neutral since it will go in such a large area. Our house is a Georgian style and I'm trying really hard to make this house look old and historic. For reference, the family room off the first floor hallway will very likely be painted F & B light gray and the dining room off the foyer is undetermined for its paint color.

Here are some photos of paint sample boards I've made, some are near samples of the flooring, either the wood or the marble tiles:

hardwick,light gray,old white, functional gray, shaded white

old white, light gray

hardwick,shaded white, light gray
a href="http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/Tiffany_Washington/Snapbucket/?action=view&current=2AFA73A9.jpg"; target="_blank">

old white, functional gray

hardwick, old white, light gray, shaded white, elephant's breath, functional gray

hardwick white, shaded white

backdrop, functional gray

Here is a link that might be useful: the foyer/first floor tile

Comments (10)