SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allison0704_gw

Custom TV and TV Niche Doors - Lot of Photos

allison0704
16 years ago

Well, it's only been 27 months since we moved in but I finally have the tv niche and the (dreaded to some) 42" tv over the FP doors installed.

{{!gwi}}

Why so long, waiting for the "perfect" thing to come along. I thought the screen would come first...tried to find a wallpaper that went in the room and didn't fade into a solid color at a distance. I was going to have a screen made similar to this:

{{!gwi}}

Many months of looking led to nothing I loved. :( Then I had a eureka moment when I found this shutter:

{{!gwi}}

The thought of making sliding panels instead of folding (so DH would not knock things off the mantel) included wood and copper panels. Lots of copper in our home: solid cupola on the garage, gutters/downspouts, kitchen and laundry back splashes and range hood. Open concept home so copper over the great room FP echos the copper range hood in the kitchen.

Lucky for me, the carpenters who worked on my kitchen have gone out on their own and are doing custom work. They did a fantastic job making my vision come to life. I am very pleased. :D They'll be back in the morning to run the base across the wall under the niche shutter/door and install a wooden latch to keep the door closed...but I couldn't wait to share pictures.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (69)