SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fanner

Open stairway HUGE wall, ideas?

fanner
13 years ago

This is my first post to the home decorating forum, my usual stomping grounds is the old home forum. We have lived in our house for 12 years now, and I am *not* good at interior decorating. I am so bad, in fact, that most of the original curtains still hang where they were when we moved in! Our house is a 1904 Queen Anne style and for the most part I like the idea of keeping things looking somewhat vintage. Not 100% purist, but at least close to period appropriate...

The front stairway is an open Oak stair case with a very large wall that extends from the second floor up to the 8 foot ceiling. I have been trying for years to come up with something tasteful for this very large space. I have looked at many iron type of architectural "things" like flowers, stars, clocks etc and none of them seem right. At the bottom landing of the stairs I have a large mirror, so another mirror would not work... I will try to include a picture of the space to try to give an idea of what I am talking about. Specifically I want something on the wall to the right in the picture, which would be directly in front of you as you walk down the stairs. Thanks for any input!! As I said, I am at a total loss!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (22)