SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laxsupermom

The new HGTV Dream Home

laxsupermom
14 years ago

Last year's "Dream Home" was kindof a dud, but I'm loving this year's one in Arizona. The white walls in the main living areas aren't really a me thing, but still I have to say overall it's beautiful and the muted colors make sense in the context of visually cooling down a desert home.

I love everything about the kitchen. Beautiful rich wood inset shaker cabinetry. The side by side integrated fridges would be a dream. That gorgeous wall of tile made me drool a little on my keyboard. And that pantry - I'd kill for it. A lot of the previous dream home kitchens seemed like they wouldn't work for anything more than vacation food(very little storage, plan on eating out a lot.) This one looks like not only could a family live and eat in this kitchen, but they could entertain gobs of people and churn out food for a sizeable crowd.

I love the sliding barn doors they've used everywhere, although I could do without the ones over the tub looking out through the master bedroom. I like DH to think that I just wake up gorgeous. I don't want him to see all the grooming, plucking, lotions & potions that get me there.

The sunrise room seems like the ideal spot for my yoga mat. "Hello, morning :D" Two laundry rooms! Never again would I find my clean clothes on the LR floor, because DS1 wanted to take some wrinkles out of a shirt.

I would have to put up some kind of a wall from the "casita" guest suite bedroom to the bath area, because the concept of being able to see the toilet from the bed skeeves me out, but if that's my only "must change" I'd have to give this year's house an A.

Comments (14)