SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snoozingpug

SO upset. My special slab of RFG marble is missing.

snoozingpug
13 years ago

I've posted several times about my special slab of rainforest green marble that my DH and I came across a few months ago. We completely changed the design of our kitchen to work it in and make it the showcase piece. Back in April? May? we put down our deposit and since it was the. last. slab. in the warehouse and a very unusual coloring/pattern. So we asked repeatedly "will this specific one be used?". Answer was always yes - it was going to be sent to our fabricator so it would be ready when we were. Great.

Well, the fabricator returned my call requesting a sample about 3 weeks ago. She said one would be available for pickup on such-and-such a date. It wasn't. Then she said she would deliver it to our house. Nothing. Since then (2 weeks now) she has refused all my calls and not returned messages. I've stopped by the office twice - neither time she was in, but the first time they reached her by phone and she promised the sample again. Second time she wasn't in and didn't answer her phone.

So the guy and I went to the yard/warehouse of the fabricator and looked everywhere - it's not there. Called the supplier, they said oh we think it's here. I drove over there, they couldn't find it. Finally they locate what they say is it in another warehouse. I go over to look and it doesn't look like I remember *nor* does it match the photos I took. That was yesterday.

So DH and I get a sitter today and go back over to look together. There are two slabs, neither looks right. In fact, the one we chose had a polish finish and these were both unfinished. Bottom line - it's gone. Most likely sold to someone else. I don't know - fabricator person is *still* avoiding me.

I am beyond upset. We changed our entire kitchen design to work with this stone (island cabinet color, finishes for all fixtures, switched from soapstone perimeter countertops to custom wood countertops!). Our cabinets and appliances get installed in LESS THAN A WEEK!

DH and I hit the granite/marble yard circuit today. I think we've decided to change it up and go back to soapstone on the perimeters and maybe do a Costa Esmeralda granite on the island. We are starting from scratch with backsplash, butler pantry counters, etc.

With us having moved out of our house into a tiny apartment for this renovation and our move-back date only 2 weeks away from today, I am frazzled, frustrated, and really really sad that our slab is gone. I'll take the evening and wallow and then tomorrow it's back to problem-solving and working on getting our money back from the fabricator.

Ugh! So upset. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Who knew I would get so emotional over a piece of stone...??

Comments (43)