SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brianadarnell_gw

So Upset....They sold my slabs out from under me

brianadarnell
12 years ago

I'm so upset I can barely focus on anything this morning. On Friday, the templaters came to template for our install which was supposed to be this coming Friday. When my husband and I went to the warehouse this morning for layout, the slabs they presented were clearly not mine. My DH even noticed!!! For months we have been visiting the local stone place looking for bathroom remnants and fireplace surrounds. Everytime we have gone, we have checked to make sure the slabs we reserved 6 months ago still had our name on them. Then this morning, they tried to pawn off two slabs that were definitely not mine. I had chosen Giallo Ornamental light 6 months ago because the slabs had a background that was almost white and were so clean looking. The ones they pulled this morning were yellowy and almost looked like St Cecilia even though they were marked GO. I chose a remnant GO for my bathroom (also mostly white/light) and when they held them next to each other you could see the vast difference. Originally, the colors were the same for the bath and kitchen.

I'm so upset. They didn't have any more of the light GO and so they are sending me to a local distributor today to look at their selection. I am so upset I don't even want to use them anymore. They are doing the bathrooms, but I don't want to use them for the kitchen.

What should I do? Use them anyway and demand some sort of compensation or use someone else? The interior of the house is almost done and I wanted to get the granite installed so I could start working on the BS, but now that seems so insignificant. ugh...

one of my slabs back in January...gone.

Comments (48)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm