SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diane4570

Where to store my Kitchen Aid stand mixer?

diane4570
14 years ago

OKay, I'll admit that I just didn't have it in me to plan where every last item was going to be stored in this new kitchen. I hired a company I was comfortable with and left the design basically to them, thinking that since I will have about two and a half times the storage space I had in my old kitchen, there would be a place for everything anyway. (We had a very limited amount of space to work with and I am happy with the plan they came up with.)

Well, my Kitchen Aid mixer stands about 14" high. I do not want to keep in out on the counter anymore. I was assuming that since my roll-out shelves are adjustable, I would adjust one to accommodate the mixer and keep it there. The cabinet I'm talking about is a 44" wide lower, divided in two with three roll-out shelves on each side. I've got lots of drawers, but the deepest are 10.5", so that won't work. I don't have a pantry cabinet. This 44" section between my refrigerator and wall ovens, with a standard upper and the pull-out base lower will function as my pantry and baking area. I think that adjusting one of the shelves to accommodate the mixer basically means that I remove one of the roll-outs and just go with two on one side and keep the three on the other.

I use my mixer enough that I want it to be handy. Storing it in an upper cabinet would create a hazard getting it down and putting it back up because it's so heavy.

What do you all think? I know I'm basically just thinking out loud here because I haven't described the entire kitchen for you. I guess I have to decide whether all my "pantry items" will fit nicely without having that third roll-out shelf on one side. Thanks.

Comments (26)