SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluekitobsessed

99% Finished Kitchen! lotsapix

bluekitobsessed
15 years ago

Finally (a trim piece showed up last night) this kitchen is 99% finished!

I don't have any before pix. The kitchen was Medusa for cameras: so ugly that merely focusing on the kitchen would destroy the camera and turn it to stone. It had torn up sheet vinyl, builder grade cabinets colored that unfortunate pickled oak circa 1988 Southwestern fad, a barrier peninsula covered in tile with grungy grout, a MW that conked out, a cooktop where only 2 burners and 1 knob worked, a noisy DW with a door leak, a leaky builder grade faucet, and a Reagan-era apt sized fridge with a tarantula the size of a dinner plate living underneath the fridge. I am not making this up. Okay, the tarantula was only there for a day or so, but still.... So here is the official builder floor plan just so that you can get a feel for its stupidity.

Here's an overview of the nearly-finished kitchen.

I don't know what to call it style-wise. I know I told my KD I wanted cottage/farmhouse, but two of the obvious cottage style giveaways are open shelves (in EQ country! argh!) and plate rails, which IMO are dust catchers. It's just Blue-style. Instead of that stupid peninsula, I now have an island. I found GW after my design had been finalized and cabinet order in, and I suspect that if I'd found y'all first someone would have pointed out that the island might be a barrier island getting between the fridge/range/sink work triangle. Probably made a few other design tweaks too. Oh well. Anyway, here's some things I like from the cabinet company: baskets for bread and onion/garlic/shallots:

What to do with the 12" cabinet: turn it into a place for holding my 90 million cookie sheets!

My other 12" wide cabinet holds phone books and such. I used to have a much larger menu desk, and was anxious about getting rid of it at the same time I was anxious to get rid of such a horrible clutter-catcher. The little drawer holds cel phone chargers when not plugged in -- I've previously railed against those power vampires.

Bookcase, which is more or less a cabinet without doors. The island is 39" wide, which is a 12" bookcase against a 24" deep set of drawers, with 3" in the middle. My KD did a very smart thing by including that 3" middle space so that electrical conduit can be run without cutting into cabinets.

Cabinets are Showplace: island is Summit in cream with an oatmeal glaze, and cabinets are Breckenridge maple "cashmere" (pretty natural maple) with caramel glaze. I wanted a door style that was like, but a little different from, the Shaker cabinets. Very happy with cabinets -- they have a melamine interior, soft close drawers, good stuff overall.

As you may have noticed, I generally like different and I like to go against the mainstream. If everyone else likes Grohe, I order a Cifial faucet :) which I like for aesthetic reasons. To me its narrow neck is graceful rather than clunky like most of the pulldowns, JMO. I have the 3018 Shaw's sink with the blue label showing (thank you GW'rs who responded to my ???), an Insinkerator compact disposal (also GW'r thanks), an air switch (still have to have the plumber out to install the button; also GW thanks)), and a nice sidespray with a plastic trigger.

For anyone who really likes to look under sinks, here's how it all fits under a Shaw's sink. Please note stupid $80 towel rack, which works just fine on those myriad occasions when I need a towel but my hands aren't already drippy and wet. So I'm back to towel-hung-from-DW.

A green thing I like is the 18" wide recycle/trash pullout, with the recycle bin in the front to remind everyone:

Here is the Thermador, which got the whole project started when I was at a client's house and fell in love with her 48" Thermador with BLUE KNOBS! OMG! This has the island trim piece and some boring, basic, cheap Daltile with gray grout (thank you, Edlakin, for answering).

Since discovering this site, Thermie is now afraid that I will dump him for a hot cobalt blue French hunk of metal. I wouldn't do that to him. I got him on Ebay and saved $3000.

Near him is my utensil rail (Allclad, $20), which has solved a big family problem: where the $% did you leave the potholder, DS/DM???

Two items on the 1% not done list are to paint the holes where I tried to install a shelf for spices, and instead have a granite fabricator make me a nice shelf.

Also directly across from Thermie, in pivoting range, is my baking center where I'm doing 90% of my food prep because I'm short :)

Under this baking center, which is a shortened base cabinet, I store some mixing bowls, rolling pins, and my ridiculous collection of cookie cutters (4 overflowing shoeboxes, organized by season).

The original MW didn't fit, and my rocket scientist KD left a 3" gap between the top of the fridge and the bottom of Siberia (which is what short people call the cabinet above the fridge). After getting many helpful replies on GW, I ended up with a smaller MW and adapted some leftover light rail pieces as trim to reduce, but not eliminate, the annoying gaps.

BTW, I really like the MW -- Panasonic NNSD787, sometimes on sale at Target for $129 -- and not just because it has a cool blue-lit blue dial.

Here's the adjacent breakfast nook: changed lighting fixture, added molding around windows. I don't use the island as an eating area because this is just a few steps away.

Thank you, many GW'rs, for helping with the knobs&pulls indecision. My vision initially had satin nickel cup pulls everywhere. Igloochic helped me get up the courage to go for the ones from North River Mint that I fell in love with, even though I normally don't like cutesy or country, but I do love baking cookies:

and eating apples and fancy berries:

Oh yeah, I also have azul macaubas granite. Not that I'm obsessed with having blue in my kitchen or anything :)

Comments (42)

• remodelfla
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh blue.... so bluetiful!!

• morton5
    15 years ago

Blue, it is so peaceful and pretty, and the function rocks. Thermie is a handsome fellow and looks so well with your granite. Congratulations on your beautiful kitchen. I hope that now that you are finished you won't abandon the forum! Did you say you are doing a bathroom next?

• Related Discussions

White Kitchen w/ walnut, 99% finished and lived in!

Q

Comments (74)
    Rosegarden1 - yes! I didn't, but my husband did. They were great! susied3 - We didn't order the Boos from ebay - I don't remember seeing the size we needed. I do know that we ordered from whoever offered the best price + shipping :) The gallery wall was an idea I got from Pinterest. My husband was bummed that the giant stainless fridge doors weren't magnetic, while I was secretly relieved! It's the one space in the kitchen that's never cluttered. I picked up open backed frames at Michael's (on sale, of course) and tacked the back side of the binder clips to the back side of the frame, and then mounted the frames. The clips allow us to rotate out the art until I can file it. The door is something we picked up at a local shop already done. What a fun way to showcase your grandchildrens' art! The spice pullouts fronts are 5 3/4", the pullouts themselves are 5". The total island is 10'9"x4'2". With the wide legs, we had to find narrow counter stools, though I wouldn't have gone any wider because it's a reach for my short arms to wipe the counter now. Beekeeper I know exactly what you mean about the decision fatigue of building. My husband and I have both commented that we "eased into building" because the walls were in place. But it is really hard to enjoy the process when there are so many decisions to make. i.e. Doorknobs... something that would be fun to research on it's own. Pile it in with 600 other design decisions like closet lights, stair rails, light switches, outlets, and stinking drain hardware and it's exhausting. Godspeed on your new home!!!
    ...See More

99% finished under $20k kitchen!

Q

Comments (33)
    junicb, Yes, that included the new doors and windows. I was very anal and kept track of every cent on Excel. Here is my list According to my bank account...I don't have everything listed...but it's pretty darn close!! My husband did all demo, plumbing, electric, floor and cabinets. I painted and did back-splash (today!) We saved so much money doing that ourselves. The things DH isn't good at we hired out for that. All trim work, hanging the sheet rock and spakling. So glad we did cause the kitchen still wouldn't be done yet!! We hired someone to install doors and windows, we had 26 windows and 3 exterior doors installed so I just took a percentage of what the total installation was. Slider $1350 (Anderson) Exterior door 125 (Jeldwen) Interior door 75 (Jeldwen) Window 380 (Trimline) Installation of slider exterior door and window - 600 Labor for sheetrock, spackle, crown, all trim 2000 Cabinets 4044 (American Woodmark) Granite Countertops 1860 Backsplash 200 (American Olean) Fridge 900 (Whirlpool) Range 648 (Fridgadare) Dishwasher 590 (Maytag) Microwave 200 (Maytag) Sink and Flange 250 (Kohler) grates for sink 75 Garbage disposer 200 (Insinkerator septic assist) Faucet 210 (Moen) Knobs and Pulls 24 (Great Outdoors was going out of business, 90% off!) Flooring 1300 (Shaw Laminate) Crown, trim, base moulding 440 Recessed lighting & blubs 184 lighting - undercounter 291 (Kitchler) Stove fan 75 (Braun) paint & stain 80 Material for pointing stone outside of house 75 Material for walls, beams, subfloor, concrete, insulation, plumbing, electric, plus many other trips to supply house and HD. $1800 Garbage pull out 92 (Rev-a-shelf) New pots for new stove 150
    ...See More

99.9% finished kitchen--thank you for everything!

Q

Comments (35)
    I'm coming to the party late but wanted to say wow! And thank you!!!!!!! I'm doing a historic kitchen (1889 queen Anne) and I'm bound by both an old grant from the 70s and my own need to keep the place feeling very Victorian on the top three floors. I was torn by this challenge because I don't think I can live without a spray on my faucet. Not a whimpy little push button one, but a real high arch sprayer. I love you...you're my santa claus and tooth fairy all in one!!!!!!! I'm buying two of those right now lol.
    ...See More

Here it is.... my 99.5% finished IKEA kitchen

Q

Comments (51)
    Hi Caligal, Thanks for sharing your beautiful kitchen with us! I am admiring your pendant ceiling lighting - may I ask the brand and where you purchased it? I've searched the web and haven't stumbled on anything similar.. I'm currently planning my own IKEA Kitchen and the photos of your kitchen have really inspired me. Thanks so much!
    ...See More
  • erikanh
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness, how beautiful! Your granite is stunning! Can you tell me about your bin pulls? I've never seen any like that before.

You must be thrilled! Congratulations on your lovely new kitchen!

• rosalita
    15 years ago

You're kitchen is just wonderful and I LOVE the granite to match the blue Thermie knobs. I hope you like your island and don't see it as a barrier. Our old kitchen had an island that we couldn't live without and we're having a slightly larger one for the new kitchen. I have a question on your recycle center. Would you mind giving me the exact dimensions of your bins? I requested a double trash center but I'm having problems finding bins that are small enough width without going to those short trash bins people use in bathrooms. I believe the space we have allocated is 14 3/8" x 21" and I really wanted 2 bins in there.

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Very nice! The fridge and microwave look just perfect...Like they were planned that way. Love the island...The bookshelves, the lowered end for baking, and the little baskets I wanted, but ran out of room for.

• redroze
    15 years ago

I...LOVE your kitchen. It is outstanding. I love the blue granite, the blue walls, the beadboard island, the basket pullouts, the white subway tile with the pale grey grout (which I will try to mimick in my own kitchen). What I love most of all though, is that cute little strawberry knob!

• kraftdee
    15 years ago

you must be in heaven. That's beautiful!

• janefan
    15 years ago

It's wonderful--I love how you really made it yours. My sister did her kitchen a few years ago and loves blue, but couldn't figure out how to make it work in her space. I only wish she had found GW (and you!) at that time.

• alice462
    15 years ago

blue -- I have been following your progress and it just looks yummy! I, too, am a bit blue obsessed, but mine has to do with finding just the right shade of "colonial" blue/gray for my cabs....not there yet as it only seems to be in my head and not on any paint chip in the known world. Can you say "mix it for me, please?" The sweet guys at the paint store are pretty tired of my "add a drop of..." theory. We'll see, I haven't given up yet, but it is a challenge!

Your granite is spectacular! And Thermie is to die for! Enjoy!

• malhgold
    15 years ago

Fabulous job! I love all the personal touches. I would think you are smiling every time you walk in there. I also enjoyed reading your post on the appliance forum about how much better your food tastes when cooking it with your Thermador. Congratulations on a job well done!

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Gorgeous! You've done a wonderful job!!!

And LOL! You sound like me! I have a ridiculous number of cookie cutters as well....also used to be in overflowing shoeboxes! Now they're in giant zipper-style plastic bags labeled by season & size! (Christmas minis, Christmas Large, Christmas Favorites, Valentines Day, ...., houses, etc.!!!) They, along with the rolling pin, sifter, & KA Mixer's beaters, occupy one deep drawer by themselves! "All in my new Baking Center!)

With the exception of your "barrier island," I think you did a good job on the design! And those "mistakes"...you turned them into very nice design features....especially that trim piece above the both the refrigerator & MW!

Oh and tell Thermie I'm on his side....I won't let him be "traded in" w/o a fight! Thermie looks great w/your granite...I think a cobalt blue french hunk would be too blue and fight w/your granite. As it is, the knobs are a great accent!

Great idea for the pot holders...I wonder if I have a place for something like that...it would free up the top (shallow) drawer my pot holders are taking up right now.....

It's now time to sit back, bask in our adulation, and enjoy that kitchen! And don't desert us...stick around...please!

• iris16
    15 years ago

If I could (or should I say when I) completely start over in a new location I'm really going to try to have BLUE granite! I love it! You have done a great job.

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

I have always loved your granite and now that I see the rest of the kitchen (finally!) I love that too. What a beautiful job you did on it. It is perfect in absolutely every way. I would have never wanted blue in a granite until I saw yours. You have taken this "not blue" person and turned her into a blue kitchen fan!

I am so glad you went with those knobs. They are also perfect and adorable.

Thermie is one gorgeous hunk of metal! So, when do we all get cookies?

• Jean Farrell
    15 years ago

Very beautiful and functional, too.

I adore your knobs, and I am so not into cutesy. They are not cutesy, they are like little works of art.

• janran
    15 years ago

You did a fabulous job! I love the open baskets, among other things. Enjoy!

• edlakin
    15 years ago

it looks great. you really kept things low-key and allowed your granite to be the star. nicely done.

• Laurie
    15 years ago

Everything looks wonderful! My favorite parts are the upper open corner shelves with eye catching things displayed, the mix of hardware you used, and your beautiful sink and faucet : ) And of course, the blue granite

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

I'm so happy for you -- it has your fingerprints all over it!

• smilingjudy
    15 years ago

Congrats, blue! I do loooove the coloration in that granite. Very jealous of your cookbook storage.

And since you let us peek in your kitchen cab and I know you're interested in greening.... check out Ecover dishwasher detergent next time you replenish. I tried a few green options but had to keep going back to good 'ole green Cascade until I found Ecover. It actually works better (for a price, of course).

• mindstorm
    15 years ago

Bluekit, I adore blue too. Navy blue, pale blue, blue-grey, grey-blue, charcoal, zuider-zee blue, azul macaubas ... you name it.

Now, please don't be offended by my comment here because know that it comes from my love of blue. I'm dying to see and appreciate your AM granite. & I can't because - and this is the part that might offend, sorry - your camera is rubbish. I can't enjoy/appreciate your gorgeous granite, or the lovely hard-wood floors even though they are imperfectly non-blue - are those hand-scrapped something-something wood? gorgeous! - because the camera (or is it a rubbish scanner?) pictures have this dot-matrix effect. I can't see your granite OR your deep wood flooring properly and it is driving me wild because I really want too! Waah!

What's the wall paint there? BTW? Marvellous light blue that.

• coffeebreak
    15 years ago

I am sooooooo happy for you! What a wonderful space you have created! Congratulations! Those counters are to die for.

I can almost smell those cookies baking! Love the hardware :)

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

I love your blue granite. You did a wonderful renovation on your kitchen. I love the refrigerator and microwave also as well as your beautiful floor. Thanks for sharing.

• maydl
    15 years ago

Sooooooo lovely! You can just go swimming in that granite. Do you caress it every time you walk in, or are you past that point yet? Congratulations on creating a warm and welcoming space for yourself and your family.

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

You mean there is another color besides yellow??

bluekit - everything is so beautiful. I love the blue granite and seriously if I had another house to build blue would be its theme, it is such a lovely color. I adore your blue range knobs, they look smashing.

The subway, schoolhouse fixtures, darling cupboard knobs , all of it, perfect.
    Congratulations, enjoy your kitchen.

Now what's the next project?

• User
    15 years ago

Quite elegant I think. I don't see the mistakes at all ...I think it turned out really well designed for you and how it sounds like you are going to use it, which is what is most important. Congratulations. c

• annes_arbor
    15 years ago

A truly lovely and functional kitchen. Whenever I see pictures of your blue granite, I think most of us are so conservative (too conservative) in our kitchen choices! I love all the details, too. It's such a nice idea to have the beadboard above the hood mimic that on the island.

• charlikin
    15 years ago

Bluekit - you did it! It's beautiful. I love that it's country, but not *too* country - it's still very sophisticated. And that granite - deep sigh.

Have to confess, thought, I'm not sure what I enjoyed more - the photos of your lovely kitchen, or your delightful commentary!!!

Good job. :-)

• laxsupermom
    15 years ago

Blue, after seeing peeks and teasers, I'm so glad to see all of your gorgeous kitchen. All the details are perfect. I love the functionality of your island mixed with the fun of the knobs and your gorgeous granite. I'm a soapstone gal, but your granite takes my breath away every time I see it. I also have a gazillion cookie cutters in plastic shoe boxes organized by the 4 seasons plus 3 more for animals, transportation, and letters/numbers. Enjoy your beautiful kitchen.

• rachelle_g
    15 years ago

Lots to love in this kitchen! But I think my favorite is how you mixed in all the different knobs and pulls, yet it all makes sense. Congrats on an awesome kitchen with so many little whimsical touches!

• kitchendetective
    15 years ago

Looks like so much fun to bake in that kitchen!

Thermie,

Don't look at attached photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: The competition

• busybme
    15 years ago

Really great, Blue! Congratulations...you've done a super job and have a fantastic kitchen to show for it!

• bluekitobsessed
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for so many nice comments!

Rosalita, the bins fit in an 18" base cab. My KD commented at the time that a 15" wide cab would accommodate 1 bin but if I wanted 2 bins, which I knew I did, I would need 18". The bins are 14" wide x 18" tall and they are stamped Rev a Shelf at the bottom.

The incredibly detailed island knobs and pulls are from North River Mint, and they are about $25/each. Search this forum and you'll find a prior rave from me. The other knobs and pulls (including the strawberry pull, which doesn't quite have the same feel as the NRM knobs but I adore strawberries and couldn't resist) came from coolknobsandpulls. They were relatively cheap -- $6 for knobs -- scrimp on this & splurge on that! Like many GW'rs, I posted many pix of possibilities, got many replies, thought about them all, and in the end did what I wanted. I originally wanted satin nickel cup pulls everywhere but as I progressed I thought I wanted something slightly offbeat for my slightly offbeat kitchen. You might not be able to tell with the crummy camera and lighting, but the 2 upper cabinets on either side of the sink are frosted glass, and the knobs & pulls pick up the same color. They are a very soft-colored accent -- pearls instead of diamonds, if that makes any sense. I ended up with a few bar pulls, mostly to keep two banks of drawers on either side of Thermie from looking like a pair of dice. Here's another pic:

The floor is Anderson Dellamano maple, hand distressed engineered hdwd in an Amaretto finish.

Wall color is Glidden Idyllic Blue (actually Dunn Edwards copied that color because my contractor and I both like DE). I went through 9 different shades before finding one that would, I hope, accent the granite without being too purple. I'm now having a hard time with accessories in the family room (open to kitchen) because a lot of stuff (rugs, in particular) available these days is greenish blue, while this is a purplish blue. It looks horrible with yellow, unfortunately. Acountryfarm, do not fear for me -- the rest of my house is a different, faded denim shade of light blue (you can see it in the pic with the phone book cabinet) that looks wonderful with yellow, and there's a lot of yellow-and-blue stuff elsewhere.

Things I still want to do/might do: buy a spoon rest! and a cuisinart mixer (my xmas present to my kitchen, I think). Originally I worried about the end panels looking naked and considered putting fake door trim on them, but it's fallen off the budget/priority list. I still think the above-sink light is the wrong height (depth?) from the ceiling light box, and may swap it for a slightly taller OR shorter one when I next order from Rejuvenation. I've got one ugly electrical outlet switchplate on the island, and when I next talk with a granite fabricator I'm going to have him make a nice one out of granite.

BTW, this pic shows a good idea that I hope to pass on: hiding an outlet in an island instead of making holes in beautiful granite. In that same category of bequests: the frosted glass cabinets, which don't show the bright red plastic sippy cups.

One thing I forgot to rave about in the original post: all 4 drawers in one stack of the island are completely empty! So are a 36" drawer and a 30" upper cabinet! That's a good thing! Really! It means that without enlarging the room at all or changing too much in the cabinet layout, I ended up with a LOT more space. I was also able to get the recycling and trash bins out of the pantry :) I had about 22 linear feet of cabinets in a 14 x 10 space and now have about 25 LF, which isn't a huge change, but it's far more efficient. I did not add any upper cabinets to gain that. The main things changed in the layout were: change wall oven + cooktop to range, thus widening drawers on either side of Thermie to the point where they can hold pots & pans; change fridge + menu desk wall to fridge + MW cabinet, and change peninsula (one sided cabinet) to island (2 sided cabinet). The menu desk, in particular, took up a lot of space (2', or nearly 10% of linear feet in old kitchen) without providing a lot of function, relatively speaking (clutter catcher!). The peninsula was okay function-wise (used to hold pots & pans) but the island feels positively jam-packed with usefulness. I have to credit my KD, not GW, but I hope this will be one of the many examples on GW of how you don't need to enlarge a room or make drastic changes to have more functional space.

I'm not very good with decoration and useless tchotchkes, and prefer to have functional things on display, but if you have some decorating ideas, I'm all ears. As long as it's blue :)

Alice, I am really looking forward to your right color of blue, when you find it. And you will.

Mindstorm, I'll see what I can do. Maybe by the time I finish the bathroom. Yes, it's true. I've moved on, sort of. You see, I have this great big leftover slab of granite and an ugly powder bath.... Now that I've learned so much from the kitchen, and am now so broke, I'm trying to do the bathroom myself and just hire subs for the hard parts. So far, it's been an unmitigated disaster: 17 year old demos floor by playing drum soloes with two hammers, breaks one drumstick-I-mean-hammer. However, I still like the kitchens forum best of all. Shh! don't tell the bathroom people!

And now a plea: I literally had no inspiration pix when I started this project because no one, at least no one normal :) puts blue granite in their kitchens. By early March, I'd already paid nearly $20K for cabinets on order but my KD still thought I was crazy, and I still couldn't envision the kitchen. Thus, many long hours searching the internet trolling for blue granite pix, which is how I found this website. Theresab's and cloudswift's pix were lifesavers! Drop dead gorgeous blue granite in nice looking kitchens! Hurrah! I was on the right track! Then I went to the FKB, searched for blue countertops, and still found nothing :( So, Starpooh or whoever maintains the FKB, can you please tag/post someone's blue countertops (I'm not so presumptuous as to suggest mine) for those once-in-a-BLUE-moon (sorry, couldn't resist) seekers?

• kitchendetective
    15 years ago

Just a suggestion:
    I had a spoon rest made out of a honed piece of my granite so that it would blend in with my countertops. So, if something's left over after the bathroom . . .

• rbsohio
    15 years ago

How beautiful! I love your blue granite, and I love your island, especially the pull-out baskets. Who made the cabinets?

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

You made your kitchen "all you" and thats what makes it so special!

Congrats on a great job, its so pretty and personal!

• mcps
    15 years ago

I absolutely love it bluekit!! I would spend all my time there. You might remember - I am a "blue kit" fan myself!! Congratulations.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

The FKB does list granites by name...there are currently at least 3: Blue Eyes, Blue Mahogany, Blue Night

Is that what you mean/wanted?

• jova123
    15 years ago

You know, I love the molding around the windows. It really looks nice. You know, as I was looking at the pictures, I was thinking to myself, that's beautiful. But, when I came to the picture of the windows and you described the molding around the windows, I said, wow, I love that.

I think that is my favorite thing in the room.

• momali3
    15 years ago

I found it! Finally! I am so excited, Blue! Now I know for sure that my taste and yours are in sync. I love everything you did. I love Azul Macaubus and that just might be my exotic granite for MY island. All your ideas for the island are so nifty. Mine is going to be lowered, too, because I, too, am short. In fact, the island and my L shaped baking center are both lowered. I'm (hate this term) a 'senior,' so I am having my DW raised--hate to bend over. Like you, will have the open shelves and the basket storage in island. My eating area very like yours, too, though I don't have the bay window. Do you like blue china? I have so much; lots of it will go on plate shelves indicated on plan. so many similarities but must run meet with GC. I'm putting my kit layout again so you can see what I'm talking about!

• twogirlsbigtrouble
    15 years ago

What a wonderful space! I love your pull out baskets ( I really need those) and your granite is just gorgeous, seriously. Enjoy your new kitchen :)

• theresab1
    15 years ago

wow love it! so glad you splurged on the azul macaubas- it looks fabulous.

• momali3
    15 years ago

What does it mean when people put "bump" in their follow-ups? Does that bump the string to the first page or something. One other thing I noticed, after viewing your pix for the jillionth time--love your schoolhouse ceiling fixtures, one more thing where my taste gibes with yours! I'm considering these, too. DH and I are going to Dallas this weekend as I mentioned and will continue the search for our blue granite there. Just checked my notes from former visit: Azul Macaubus was one we found at a smaller yard! Must return to it to see if it's still there; if so, hey, you might have a copycat in TX!