SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurielep

99% finished under $20k kitchen!

laurielep
14 years ago

We are 99% finished! All we need to do is the base moulding and back splash which will be done this weekend. We are doing a white subway tile.

We started this in January when temps got below zero here in NJ and our pipes froze. We were in the process of doing the mud/laundry room when this happened and had to put that room on hold to do the kitchen. I think I was the happiest person ever when those pipes froze!! Dh, a plumber, would have lived with our 1953 kitchen forever!!

We've owned the historic 1849 fieldstone house for 10 years. The house was at one time make into a 2 family house with renters renting both sides of the house. When we bought it we needed the room and made the house back into a 1 family home. Unfortunately, because the house is stone and most of the walls are 2 feet thick we are unable to change the layout of most rooms. The kitchen is 16x20 (the other kitchen was made into a mud/laundry room)

My budget was $10k and we were going to do most work ourselves. We did hire someone to do sheetrock/spackle for us because it's the one thing we both pretty much stink at doing. After gutting the kitchen, we realized our $10k budget was a dream. The floor boards were rotten out, Plaster walls were crumbling and our 4 week reno at $10k turned into a 22 week nightmare at $19k

What we have

Cabinets: American Woodmark, Maple Spice

Granite Countertops, Giallo Veneziano

Flooring, Shaw Laminate, Cost Rica/Merlot Cherry

Range: Frigidare, Love it, bought from Lowes

Dishwasher: Maytag Steam Clean purchased at plumbing supply for $200 less than Lowes

Fridge: Whirlpool, Lowes

OTR Micro: Maytag HD

Faucet: Moen Annabelle again, got at Plumbing supply

Sink: Kohler Staccato (top mount made into an undermount) Plumbing supply

Lighting: Recessed (HD)

Under cab lighting, Kichler track, great deal from an electrician friend

Braun fan, (hate it but had no other choice) (internet)

Anderson Slider

Jeldwen interior and exterior doors

Trimline new "historic" windows

Paint: Behr (hd) Valley Mist on walls, Pure White on ceiling and trim

Hardware: MNG

Here is a collection of pics taken from the beginning to the end. To see side/sides just go to the end :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Lots of Pictures!

Comments (33)