SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marisany

Looking for blue paint for foyer/hallway/mudroom

marisany
14 years ago

I'm thinking of painting my entry foyer/hallway (upstairs and down)/stairway blue, and maybe doing my newly renovated (almost finished) mudroom/powder room the same color (it is now BM Gerbera Daisy, a peach that looks insipid now that it's on the walls). My house is a 1931 slate-roof center-hall Colonial, white clapboards. As you come through the front door, the DR is on the right, and it has a soft red wallpaper. On the left is the living room, which is probably going to be a caramel, and through the living room is a sunroom, that I am planning to paint Farrow and Ball's Orangery (this looks almost neutral in that room - not much wall space, lots of windows, lots of light.) The hallway does not get a lot of light, so I don't want to go too dark. I don't want an aqua or a bright blue. I saw a great photo of my3dogs' entry with BM Wythe Blue, and I am also drawn to Farrow and Ball's Teresa's Green (which looks blue to me).

I don't want a true, clear blue. I guess I want some green undertones. All suggestions gratefully accepted!

Comments (13)