SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlyrkb

Thoughts on Slipper Chairs for Everyday Seating?

kimberlyrkb
12 years ago

Hello,

We are thinking of replacing our dining table and chairs in our dining area, which is really part of our kitchen, with four chairs around a round coffee table, a la Zuzu, for those of you who remember her space. We eat at our island, and only entertain for a few dinners each year, so our dining table is hardly ever used. We end up bringing in a utility table anyway, when my large family is over, and reconfiguring the space to accommodate everyone, is something that happens regardless of what the room looks like.

We've been playing with this configuration today and I think we would need pretty low profile chairs to pull this off. Something like armless chairs, perhaps, or petite armchairs.

Does anyone have opinions on slipper/armless chairs? We would use this space for reading the paper and having coffee on Sundays, sitting around in the evenings and chatting, reading books, etc. I think the space would see a lot of use. Do you think we would miss having arms on the chairs if we decide to go that route?

Thanks for any thoughts or opinions!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County