SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Gallery Wall Part II

ttodd
13 years ago

Hi all! Haven't been around for a bit. Spending more time around the house doing things instead of talking and dreaming about them. We've been selling and donating furniture and things left and right. Really pairing down.

This week I added to our gallery wall in the office. My goal (should be realized soon) is to go from wall to wall and floor to ceiling w/ the pics. I don't have 2 'full' sized walls so it won't be overwhelming and I plan to extend it to above the fireplace.

Next weekend I am grabbing photo albums from my mom and scanning more family pics to fill in the empty frames and I will continue to pick up the gallery style frames until the walls are full.

This was it before:

The desk now has a new home and that wall is almost full of pics too.

Almost done:

In the 2nd row from the bottom some of the pictures are old daguerreotype pics of couples just married. In pics they come across a bit 'metallic' looking because of the way pictures were taken. They date back to the mid 1800's. The colors of these types of photos is truly beautiful'

After Christmas a white chair will go in this corner w/ a small dark round table beside it. The short bookcase w/ the white table light will go on the wall that the game table is on in the above pic and the white floor lamp will go to the corner on the oppostie side of the room where the Christmas tree is now.

The game table will go back in front of the picture window.

DS1 said he feels like he is in an art gallery but he likes it. Can't wait to finish it after the holidays! I think I'm getting a new digital camera that shoots underwater after the holidays and dear dad (a photographer) is talking about moving back to be closer to us and opening a photography business w/ me. Who knows? Maybe my bliss will find me soon!

Comments (24)