SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonmuffin_gw

Help me pick an area rug?

MoonMuffin
11 years ago

Hey folks,

I'm trying to add some visual interest/contrast to my otherwise very neutral living room, and I think a bold area rug might do the trick. I'm really drawn to geometric patterns but am having trouble making up my mind.

The room is painted Benjamin Moore Silver Sage, which is a very nice, cool, pale sage green with gray undertones. I absolutely love the wall color and would like to keep if possible. Our furniture consists of a white love seat and a beige armchair/ottoman, plus several dark wood pieces. Simple white curtains. The wall-to-wall carpeting is beige and is not in the best shape, hence the area rug.

One piece of artwork in the room is a print of Hokusai's Great Wave, and I've become attached to how the navy in the print looks against the pale sage/gray walls. This gave me the idea of adding a bold navy blue area rug to the room, such as the one pictured, or the one in the link below, along with a couple pillows or other textiles that pick up the geometric/blue theme of the rug.

So, a palette of white/beige/sage green/navy blue... awesome or hideous? If hideous, any other suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: Second navy geometric rug idea

Comments (4)