SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Beds. Yes, I'm back again. . .

User
14 years ago

I still haven't picked a bed or bed frame out yet. DH is all about getting one around New Years with the upcoming sales.

*notes: Bed will be a queen, I want a footboard, walls will be painted, I have different red bedding, curtains will change and be raised up

The color wood of these match my existing set well. I took a drawer in.

Ceilings are 8'. Room is 15' x 11' 6"

The bed is pulled out in these photos I think a mock up for bed #2 which is the biggest out of the wood beds. These were already photos I had saved.

{{gwi:1676591}}

{{gwi:1608642}}

{{gwi:1676593}}

{{gwi:1894312}}

#1.

I was pretty sure I was going to get this one. - I could take the bottom posts off and probably would.

here's some photos from a different store.

{{gwi:1894313}}

{{gwi:1894314}}

stock photo

{{gwi:1894315}}

#2.

Then I went back to my original thoughts of that HUGE bed I love so much. ONLY IF...What if I took the tall posts ALL off?

this is the color I'd pick...

{{gwi:1894316}}

{{gwi:1894317}}

... for this bed

{{gwi:1894319}}

{{gwi:1894321}}

{{gwi:1894323}}

#3.

Then there's even an ever so tiny part of me that's considering iron again but DH really wanted wood. Probably shouldn't even add this one in. With iron, I'd want something beefier looking like this.

{{gwi:1676587}}

I'm honestly tired of searching and don't want to order online because of tryin to match the finishes. So out of these three options ranking them from favorite to least, what order do you like for the room?

I like high headboards!

You don't have to like any of them and can tell me that also.

Comments (49)

• sombreuil_mongrel
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I bucked tradition and common sense and bought this full-height post bed for myself. I had no room for the optional canopy, however.

My ceiling is less than 8 feet.
    The bed is National Geographic Collection by Lane.
    Casey

• peaches12345
    14 years ago

I must have missed your previous bed thread, but why do you want to take the posts off? They are lovely and a 4-poster is classic. Just wondering.

• Related Discussions

I'm back once again

Q

Comments (27)
    Maryland Rose, all of my Noisettes are self supporting - now they may "lean" on a fence but I don't help them. I have lost some of the larger ones so that may change. Right now the only thing in the yard that I have helped climb is the reblooming form of White Lady Banks, Purezza and it is tied to the chicken house - DH calls it the chicken house rose and the other is Arcata Pink Globe which I trained up an old wooden ladder but I think the rose is now supporting the ladder and not the ladder supporting the rose. After my day in the barrel at work this morning my sister called and said there was a new nursery near us and they had Peggy Martin - all I can say is I a now the proud of a Peggy Martin Rose.
    ...See More

Desperate, yes, I'm stupid, clay soil quesion

Q

Comments (14)
    The raised bed can be something as simple as a large mound or berm. This is an ideal way to deal with poorly draining, heavy soils - import a good garden soil mix and just mound it into a planting bed. This works especially well for a typical ornamental landscape - I still might go with more formal raised beds for a veggie garden. These berms can be as large as you like and really add some dimension and contour to what are normally flat, featureless landscapes. Add a few landscape boulders and some other shrubs or perennials and you have an instant landscape! And because they are elevated, drainage is excellent, plus you have the benefit of decent soil from the start without the need for long term amending projects. Here is a link that might be useful: building berms
    ...See More

I'm back again,with more photos.

Q

Comments (12)
    Kathy, "Wild's nursery in misouri(sp) has a sale early spring and again in the fall and list a b unch for $1.50,$2.,, $2.50.I had ordered 6 that year and they sent me Painter's Splash as a bonus.My order was way under $ 20,including the postage.Strawberry Candy was part of that sale, too that I ordered.I will post a photo of it when it blooms.. Julia: No, that one being in a pot is not why its not opening good.Its been so rainy and cool,the nights lately in the mid 40's.I have some others with nice ruffles is not opening good either right now and they are in the ground And yes,Braveheart was only $ 2. on a sale. Thank you all for your very nice comments. JAN; The package at wal mart had said they were NIGHT BEACON and I love purple,so I got it and planted them,and I know from every ones photos,it is NOT NIGHT BEACON,as I had hoped it would be.It looks alot like my LITTLE WART,but is darker,so can't be that either I guess.Oh well,,its A bloom of some kind. Jean
    ...See More

I'm back, and feeling like I'm going to live!

Q

Comments (10)
    Glad you are feeling better. Starting yesterday I noticed my throat felt sore and today I started to have that little tickle and a cough. Hope it isn't something that is going to last weeks. I feel pretty lucky though cause I haven't had a bad cold or virus for a couple years now.
    ...See More
  • User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Casey- Of course, I love that bed. Pretty room!

The more I think about it, the posts are what help make bed #2. . . .

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Patty - Must have posted at the same time.
    Oh, I love the posts but it was mentioned the bed would look way too big for the room. I started to get frustrated since I can't change the room size and I like larger beds.

If you look in the 4th photo for bed #2, the wall there is 8'.

• User
    14 years ago

If you really want the four poster, I'd get it. Because the posts are screwed on in what looks like three pieces (black bed) each you'll have a number of options to see what works best for your room. If you move someday and have a larger bedroom you'll be sorry you didn't get the four poster.

I can't seem to remember if the curtains are covering a large window or sliding door. If it's a window I'd put the bed in front of it with the four posts on it. That would be beautiful in my opinion.

• runninginplace
    14 years ago

Shee, if you really love bed #2, and it's clear you do :)...could you do minimize or even get rid of most of the other furniture in the room and make it all about the bed? I'm sure your husband would *love* that (hint, hint, wink, wink).

Actually and seriously my thought is that maybe this is a situation that begs for going against the logical/predictable, ie if your room isn't very large you just get the big statement piece and make that the focal point.

With that beautiful bed I could see luxurious bedding, sumptuous silk curtains and not much else to distract from the impression of a sensuous retreat.

At least that's my suggestion! Good luck with the decision.

Ann

• User
    14 years ago

I love the second bed, however, 4 poster beds are classic , I think it will be fine with your 8 foot ceiling. Another bed which is a classic is a sleigh bed, have you thought about those?

• jlc712
    14 years ago

I have a queen four poster, and our bedroom is tiny. It has the full height posts, but has a pretty simple design. The posts are tapered hexagons with finials. The headboard has a simple curve at the top. I love it and think it looks great. I think you could have a very high headboard--just make it the focal point and don't get a footboard. Of all the beds you show, I think the first one has the best proportions for your room, but I do like the very tall paneled headboard too.
    Jen

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

Hey Shee!
    Get the bed that makes your heart sing. If you have to, move the chest to the guest room.
    Smiles:)

• Valerie Noronha
    14 years ago

I vote for the 4-poster also. Esp. if as you say there is some versatilty with the bed and removing the footposts if you find it too cramped, though I don't think you could make it work with some furniture rearranging. I would not think about removing the chest from the room as having enough storage for clothes is just as impt.

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

Shee,
    Can you put the long dresser in front of the windows? That would look so pretty framed out with drapes & pretty lamps on the dresser. If the dresser is taller than the window ~ add blinds or sheers to soften & kinda hide the window. I have a piece of furniture that overlaps the front window, but it has blinds also so you have to really look for it. Then you could move the tall chest where the dresser is now? It would free up your walkway.

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I posted earlier but it's disappeared. Grr..

Here's what I said:
    I did some measuring this morning and here's what I found out.

#2 being the largest bed is 93.25" long x 70" wide x 89.75" H
    My window including trim is 78" wide. So the bed does fit on the wall with room for the end table. Problem is if I put the big dresser on the long (15') wall it's against now there would only be approx. 10" of walk space. Same goes for the highboy on the other side. Not enough room. I'd have to take out one of the pieces and that's probably not very practical. We have a walk in closet but it's packed and so are the dressers. I should probably clean out a little (again). The jewelry armoire and cat bed can go. I'd like to keep the night stand. We have two spare rooms but plan on having two kids at some point so I'd rather not put something in there only to have to adjust later in life.

I'm not seeing any other way to arrange the room. :(

Bed #1 Broken Pediment Poster Bed (going out of order) is 88" L x 66.9" W x 65" H

I also saw they have this bed. I like how high the headboard looks. I think the headboard on #1 looks smaller to me because of how they have the pillows arranged. I'd say they're the same size headboard. ?
    We'll call this bed #4.Broken Pediment Rice Bed doesn't give length, x 68.4" W x 88" H
    {{gwi:1894325}}

Why not add another in the mix. Here's bed #5
    Carved Panel Rice Bed
    doesn't give L, x 68.4" W x 88" H so same as #4.
    {{gwi:1894326}}
    I wonder if the posts screw off in #4 and 5?

Any new opinions?

I'm still concerned #2 is going to be too smashed. Perhaps this is telling me something. There's a 20% restocking fee if we don't like it because the color I'd want needs special ordered. blah.

I'm not so much worried about the height of the tall posts vs. the rest of the bed for #2. It's just huge. I'd have 31" of space between the dresser and bed for #1 vs. only 26" for bed #2.

I asked DH if he liked one of the wood beds better than the other and he said it doesn't matter to him.

Digging back looking at my older post I found with poster bed #2 here's photos showing the 26" of walk space. The night stand is also pulled out to where the width of the bed would be. You'll have to pretend for the other side. I think some of these photos are above but here they are in order.
    {{gwi:1608642}}
    {{gwi:1676591}}
    {{gwi:1624463}}
    {{gwi:1676593}}
    {{gwi:1894312}}

I just got back from looking at #1 again. I like it. I don't care for the wall color or the bedding (both the blue display above or this pink one below), at least not together, and I think that's what was throwing me off. I get a nice warm feeling with gold walls.
    {{gwi:1894327}}
    I'm really concerned #2 is just going to be too darn big. Ack. Gut is telling me to go with #1. But that might be because they don't have 4 and 5 on display. :(

Scooby - That was suggested before with the dresser but I couldn't and still can't picture that looking nice. Really? Won't it look like a buffet? What else would you put on it? As it is now, it's a catch all for DH's stuff. :)

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

One more thing to add...

I'm not impressed with most bedroom furniture. I'm really not one that has to have high quality stuff but some of the headboards look so cheap it's not even funny.

And that is what makes me nervous for bed #5.

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This is terrible.

I don't really care for sleigh beds but I like this one. There aren't any dimensions listed and I'm pretty sure it's not in stock. It also looks huge to me.
    {{gwi:1894328}}

They'll still have good sales after this weekend right?

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

... I'm sorry, just thought of one more thing that might wipe out 4 & 5 for me. They're the type of beds that you need a lift to even get in aren't they? See the stool thing? I'm 5' 1" I don't want a really high bed.

Bless you all for even reading this still!

• ctlane
    14 years ago

Sleigh beds are nice, but visually I think it would take up more space because it is solid, where s the poster beds aren't. I still like #2 best so far with #1 a close second. You've seen both of these in person right?

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ctlane - Yes, I've seen both 1 and 2 in person. I took the night stand drawer with me to check the color and took a bunch of photos. Went back to both stores many times now. lol They're starting to know me well!
    Good point about the sleigh bed. Cross that off.

26" isn't much room to walk through is it? (between end of bed and highboy. bed 2)

I might try putting the long dresser in front of the window. I still am not sure about that. Can't picture it.

• User
    14 years ago

Alisha, why not try and paint your existing bed to look somewhat like wood. Starting with a basecoat of natural wood and then going over it with mahogany gel stain to give a grain look. Live with that until you find the perfect bed on Craigslist. I know I see four poster beds on our CL often enough that it would be worth the wait if that's what I was looking for. It will most likely be made better than the newer ones you are finding in the stores and definitely less costly.
    In the meantime, if you want I'll do a floor plan with all your current furnishings and an approximation of a four poster bed in a few different layouts to see what works at least on paper. I'll need to know the measurements and placement of windows and doors on each wall and the width and depth of each piece of furniture too. Height is not important but can help to give an idea of what the real life view will be...as in you don't want all the tall pieces at one end of the room.

• msrose
    14 years ago

The last time you posted, I saved the picture of the Carved Panel Rice Bed. I just love that bed, but I hate the idea of ordering furniture without seeing it in person 1st. That being said, I think you should go with the one you seem to be in love with.

Laurie

• cooperbailey
    14 years ago

I don't think the sleigh bed goes with your cherry furniture it is too massive and modernly curvy. I think any of the 4 poster beds will work great- I can't remember which one is which as far as the number goes though!

• barb5
    14 years ago

My 2 cents. I think your head is telling you that bed #2 is just too big. And I think you should listen. It sounds as if you are planning to stay in your home for a long time, and if that is true, buy a bed that fits the room.

I know this is personal choice, but I think bed #1 is beautiful. I love the carved pediment, and it will not go out of style. By buying bed #1, you will have over 5" more space in length (and unless your DH is very tall, 88" should be adequate length), and over 3" in width, in the room. The posters in bed #2 will reach to just 6" below the 8 ft ceiling (I am thinking that is the height of your ceiling, but could be wrong.) That just seems crowded to me in height. Especially if you ever put in crown molding.

I also think you are right to not go cheap on a bed. I would buy the best quality I could afford. A beautifully made bed can become an heirloom if it is well made. DH and I sleep in the bed his mother was born in. Nope it is not a hospital bed! It is not fancy, but it is a beautiful 4 poster. It will go to DD when we no longer need it, to put it euphemistically.

I know you love bed #2. But to have your other furniture mashed in there, and not much room left over, I know I would get to resent that big bed in a pretty short time.

• ctlane
    14 years ago

26 inches is not bad for walking space. I just measured mine and it is about 29-30 inches, so 3 inches isn't that big of a deal. We have a sleigh bed but have taken the foot board off using just the headboard. Our room is kinda small and I didn't want the hassle of trying to tuck in the bottom.

Looking back over your pics where you took the drawer in to the store I lean towards #1 for matching color, size, and style.

• carolfm
    14 years ago

Shee, I have a bed that is very similar to bed 1. I've had it for 30 years and it is a classic style that I have never grown tired of. It would go beautifully with the furniture you bought earlier. One of my precious homes was an older bungalow with not much more room than you are describing and 8 ft ceilings and it worked in that room too. Having said that, you also need to love whatever you buy and buy the best quality you can afford.

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We went to Lowes last night first to get a bunch of stuff and it ended up taking forever and a day. We never made it over to the furniture store to look at pediment bed #1 (again). That same bed is at two stores but the one has it for quite a bit cheaper thanks to location. Anyhow, I wanted to show DH, talk to them about their sales right now, and check out more mattresses. I think I'll call today. We just found out DH has to have work done on his vehicle it won't be cheap (Happy New Year) so we might end up waiting. All depends.

As much as I love #2 I keep coming back to #1 because of the size so that's probably what I'll go with. (Ask me in about an hour and I'll say #2 again. :) ) I really do think the colors in the store has something to do with it #1 being less appealing to me.

Those of you that are saying you like the poster bed, I'm assuming you mean #2? 4 & 5 are out because of the height even thought I still them.

Justgottobeme - Even if we wait longer to get a bed I don't feel like messing with doing anything to the headboard. I'll just keep it as is for now but it is a good suggestion. I'll take some measurements today. That's very nice of you to offer. Thanks!

And as I finish writing this I'm having thoughts of buying #2 again. I can fit through a 26" walk space, it's only 2" wider on each side than bed #1.... :)

This will be our permanent home. I guess things can always change but that's our plan.

• ctlane
    14 years ago

Don't forget #2 is quite a bit higher than 1.

• lkplatow
    14 years ago

I'm going to chime in as an enabler for bed #2. You love it - it's the one that makes your heart sing. You'll always be sad and wonder "what if" if you settle for a different bed. And I personally think it is the most attractive of all your choices.

I'm not thrilled with bed #1 - it is definitely a classic but to me it reads kind of old-fashioned for a young newly-married couple. No offense to anyone who has a similar bed, but it reminds me of the 70s colonial-revival Martha-Washington style furniture that was hot when I was growing up. In fact, my mom and mother-in-law both have almost that identical bed (complete with ugly gold bedding from the 70s that's never been updated- maybe that's why I'm so anti-bed #1 -- bad 70s memories!)!

But to me, bed #2 has updated lines - it's still a classic style but with a modern funky edge to it that is much more suited to a young couple. I love it and would probably go hunting for that exact bed if I was in need of a bed right now. That's how much I like it.

So if I were you, I would get the bed you love and then make it work. Whether that means moving dressers around or making do with a smaller walkway or selling or storing one of the dressers, I would do whatever it took to make the bed I loved work in the room. IIRC, the dressers you have are from CL, so if you had to resell one or both of them, you wouldn't be taking a huge loss. Not sure what your closet situation is, but we were able to get rid of a dresser after installing a well-planned closet organizer that had drawers along with hanging space and shelves.

One other thing to keep in mind is that your style is probably going to change over the next several years. I've only been married for 11 years, and still, I look at some of the furniture I bought when we first got married and wonder what the heck I was thinking (it was the late 90s, which explains the big overstuffed navy blue sofa - ugh!). Over the next 10 years, your taste will evolve and you can sell the stuff that doesn't work anymore and get stuff that fits better wtih your new style. I'm guessing that if you love bed #2 so much, you'll still love it in 10 years though by then you may have changed out everything else in your bedroom a few times!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

• barb5
    14 years ago

Does bed #2 come in a smaller size?

It is obvious that that is the one you really love. The size is what is making this a hard decision for you.

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Barb - No, no smaller. :(

At this point a painters tape mock up was the best thing to do. I love painters tape. :)

This is bed #2 dimensions. I pulled the bed back out so it's 26" from the highboy. The jewelry armoire will go in the closet but I didn't feel like lugging it the rest of the way. Please excuse all the stuff on the dresser. None of the lamps or accessories will stay.

DH doesn't want a night stand but I thought he should. It would have to be skinny like the mag. rack you see. I have a rule that we each have a mag. holder and they stay in the bedroom. They'll be all over the house if I don't make that their "bedroom" as well. :) If he did get a night stand we'd have to come up with a different idea for his magazines.

Here's some shots

*I'm not sure how high the headboard actually is. I guessed. In the photos it's at least half the height of the posts.

If I got this bed I would have to ditch the posts at the end. All together or at least only half.

Bed again so you don't have to scroll up

{{gwi:1894321}}

{{gwi:1894323}}

{{gwi:1849593}}

{{gwi:1894329}}

{{gwi:1894331}}

{{gwi:1894333}}

{{gwi:1849594}}

{{gwi:1894335}}

{{gwi:1894337}}

Pediment bed #1 isn't much smaller than this really. 2" shorter on each side and 5" more space between the bed and highboy. I think that would still look really big.

Another big question, I can still use a bed skirt with bed #2 right? Stuff usually ends up under my bed so I like bed skirts.

Something else to note, the footboard is pretty low in #2 so maybe that, along with half or no posts will help visually?

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Please pretend the painters tape is straight. I flaired out at the "posts" by accident. The length and height are correct.

• Lyban zone 4
    14 years ago

I am also curious if you could use a bed skirt with bed number 2. I am not sure.

• User
    14 years ago

Will bed number two with it's side rails allow you much height to put much of anything under it? Looks pretty low to me.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    14 years ago

Have been lurking, but just decided to speak up-I would go for bed #2-definitely-and I think you may even find you can keep the footboard posts once it's in if the dresser is moved! If you love it, buy it. You won't be sorry.

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hmm.. bed #1 actually has those side slats too and they have a bed skirt in the stock photos so I was thinking it would be possible to do on that on either bed ?? Maybe it just gets pulled down from behind the slat (whatever it's called)?

I do think bed #2 is lower at the bottom than my bed now but I should've explained better. I don't really want things under my bed but it happens. I'll put books under at times until I put them where they belong, shoes, etc. I don't have to have a skirt but it helps cover it and I think coordinating bed skirts are pretty.

I called the store for bed #2 and talked with the same guy I dealt with in October. The friend and family sale is in three weeks and it will be even less then than it was before or now. I forgot since the Heritage color isn't a stock item we'd have to put down 30%. Between the vehicle thing and a few other things we're going to have to wait until Feb. I would think furniture stores in general should have some sales around Presidents day also. Even if it's more money we're going to have to wait for now on a bed and mattress. Waited for 2 years, what's another month! It'll give me more time to think.

• jjam
    14 years ago

Please, take the time now to go mattress shopping. You need to know the height of your mattress/boxspring before buying a bed. Now there are so many choices and some beds just won't work with certain mattress heights. I'd hate to see you fall in love with something and then find that the mattress is too tall or too short for it. We spent a lot of time doing that and love our bed for how it feels as much as for how it looks.
    You won't be sorry.

• msrose
    14 years ago

I still think you should go with bed #2 since you love it so much, but I would go with the tall posts on the headboard and the shortest posts on the footboard. It looks like you could move the bed over a little more to the left to make room for a table on the right side of the bed if you had to.

I'm 5'1" also and I didn't even notice #5 was so tall. I already had one bed that I had to climb up into and I don't want to do that again, so I guess I'll mark that one off my list.

Here's another picture of bed #1 that I found the last time you posted. It doesn't have the footboard piece, which makes it a little more like #2.

{{gwi:1551325}}

Laurie

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jjam - Oh yes, we've been mattress shopping and I've been measuring away and paying close attention to that! We've narrowed it down to a few but I still want to check out more places.

Msrose - I love that bed but I found that one online and was nervous about ording something I couldn't see. It's similar in style to #1 but I actually like that one (photo you just posted) a better.

• msrose
    14 years ago

shee - the bed I posted is American Drew Cherry Grove. I've looked at so many beds that I may be getting them mixed up, but I was thinking that bed #1 was the same brand.

I'm looking for a house to buy and I just came across this picture in one of them. It kind of reminds me of bed #2. They have more room at the foot of the bed than you do, but it takes up as much room at the head of the bed if not more. I just thought it might help you to see a similar bed in place.

{{gwi:1894340}}

Laurie

• brody_miasmom
    14 years ago

I have a four poster bed in a small room. While I wish I had more room (or one less piece of furniture) I don't mind how it looks. I've actually since replaced this bed with a king sized version that does not have the blanket rail or the canopy.

• Kathleen McGuire
    14 years ago

Would you consider having only a headboard and no footboard? When we first married that is what we had and it was the broken pediment style. I loved it and not having a footboard gave us more room, plus it is easier to sit at the foot of the bed for whatever reason, like putting on socks. Just something to think about since you seem to be struggling with the issue of the length and space issues of walking around. You would still have the look of the lovely headboard without the chunky-ness of the full bed.

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Laurie and Brody, thanks for posting those photos!

Kmcg - No, I'd rather have some type of footboard. My Grandparents don't have a footboard in their spare room and I was never a fan. With DH being non neat cover sleeper, they'll be all over the floor. Footboard at least helps to catch it some! :)

Still the on the hunt
    Found a couple other furniture places to check out.

This bed is by Century. This is my new favorite. I'm not sure the finish will work. They don't really have a cherry color. (see link below for finishes)
    65 W, 3.75 D, 75.75 H
    {{gwi:1894343}}

This is also by Century but it's at a different place I'd have to check out.
    69.75 W, 87.25 D, 88.25 H
    {{gwi:1894344}}

It's not so much the posts as it is a high headboard for me.

Oooo..I also love these two but don't see them working. Don't know if they're the same brand but the one store I'm going to has them. Basically just wanted to show someone these. :)
    {{gwi:1894345}}
    {{gwi:1894346}}

Now I have no idea what the prices are for the first two. There's none on the site. I'm willing to pay a good chunk for a bed but there is a limit, IYKWIM. Anyone know what these run? You might end up saving me a trip.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1st bed

• User
    14 years ago

We just bought this one for a good deal.

{{gwi:1542475}}

• deeinohio
    14 years ago

Shee:
    Century is pretty pricey. Probably in the area of $3000 up for the bed. Check out the below link. It would give you a Century bed for a much lower price. The one I linked looks a lot like bed #1 you posted above. I know it's not in the cherry finish, but I actually like bedrooms better where the finishes don't all match.
    Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: Century bed

• parma42
    14 years ago

Wow, dee...I've done lots of online furniture shopping but never knew that Century had an outlet like that.

Shee, that's a great looking bed and a wonderful price!

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dee thanks for showing me that. That is a much better price!

Hmm.. I like that bed Dee posted but it's not really singing to me. Not sure why though as it is similar. Maybe if I could see it in person.

I'm ok with even paying $3-maybe even $4,000 but I'd rather not go over that.

What do you guys think of the Century #6 I posted? Which color (of course I would take a current drawer along to the store) do you think?

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ack! **throwing hands in the air!**

I just called three different furniture dealers and none of them have that bed on display. Not even anything from the collection anymore on display. :( They do have samples of the finishes but that's still not like seeing it in person.

Should I bother to even go see the samples?

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thomasville

Too over the top for the other furniture?
    {{gwi:1894347}}
    I'm going to head to this furniture place Thursday. They have to have something appealing.

I still like the looks of #6 best.

• msrose
    14 years ago

I think #7 is the only one out of the latest you posted that looks like it will match your other furniture.

Laurie

• greenthumbfish
    14 years ago

Matchy, smatchy, go with the one you like - I vote #6 too! It just looks comfy and casually elegant.

• Valerie Noronha
    14 years ago

I vote #7 also. Those footposts on #6 would drive me nuts as I know I'd be catching stuff on them all the time and bumping into them since you'll have a narrow walkway. Probably shouldn't say this, but don't they look a tad like a serpent?