SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uxorial

monochromatic bedroom

uxorial
15 years ago

I live in a log home, so all the walls and ceilings are wood. No drywall at all, so no painted walls to add color to the rooms. In a way, that's good because I can easily change the color scheme of a room (like I do in my themed bathroom). But it's also hard to pull together a room so that it doesn't look, I don't know, contrived(?).

I really want to re-do the master bedroom. I tried doing it in turquoise and lime green a couple years ago (kind of a beach/tropical look), but I'm tired of that now.

The walls are cedar, the carpet is a gray-ish mottled berber (needs to be replaced soon anyway, but we'll probably get something similar), and the furniture is oak. I hate the furniture, but it's in good condition, and we're not planning to replace it. There's one window and a French door, so not a lot of light. No ceiling fixture, just a floor lamp and a table lamp on the dresser.

I would like to use things I already have, so I'm thinking of doing the entire room in off-white, cream, light beige, and maybe a little white. I have off-white sheets and an off-white fleece blanket. I also have a throw rug and a couple small pillows in the same colors.

Is it OK to mix all those shades? Will it look too bland?

Here's a photo taken with the turquoise bedding:

{{!gwi}}

I need ideas for decorative items! I want to put a couple things on the headboard. Maybe some candles? A vase or two? Silk flowers? What about in the glass-front cabinets? Right now I have a hodge-podge of photos and sentimental items.

And I need to replace the beach photos with something. There are four places I can put wall art: the spot shown in this photo, a larger area above the low dresser, a small area above the high dresser, and a narrow area to the right of the bed (only about 1' wide). Should I put anything on top of the headboard or on the wall above the headboard?

The speakers are no longer there, and I'll put the bear-printed throw in the closet. The nightstands will each have a box of tissues and a water glass, but there's still room for something else there.

Does anyone have photos of an all-white bedroom?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider