SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

Can I make this DR set work?

funkyart
11 years ago

I have been looking for a small dining set for the dining space adjacent to my kitchen. It's a small, boxy area that is surrounded by windows on two sides. From the start I've been envisioning a round table.. the problem is, most of what I am seeing are the ubiquitous round country oak tables.. either heavy and dark or just your garden variety oak table.

Other background: I plan to use an upholstered built-in bench or settee to soften the space and to create a spot to read, compute or chat. I'd love for the area to be comfortable, casual and cozy. Also, the adjoining kitchen is very dated-- from the 60s. I plan to remodel the kitchen in the next year and a half but it is small and will likely be very simple and streamlined. As it stands now, the furnishings in the rest of the house will be traditional/european cottage.

I do like the table but am not so much a fan of the chairs. I've been communicating with the seller who has dropped the price by more than 1/2 to $300. I am seriously considering going for it.. but I wonder if I am just tired of the search. I know I could make the table work.. and I could paint one of the chairs to use at my desk. Or, I suppose I could recover/paint them and keep them with the table but I am concerned the design is just a little too fussy .. and hmm.. cheap? If I painted them, I'd go either black or a funky green-- like BM Wasabi.

Honest opinions.. am I getting desperate? Do I need to step away from CL and get some air?

Comments (16)