SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

I am so frustrated....

melissastar
13 years ago

Why is it that construction (or at least MY construction project) is SO disorganized? Why, for example, do we have MONTHS of delay and then all of a sudden have to make decisions in 24 hours? Why does no one TELL me, when something I'm contemplating...and communicated...will require a 10 week lead time...when I still have 10 weeks to get it done?

I think a lot of it has to do with my contractor (and most salespeople, apparently) thinking everyone always just wants the standard and I don't. But really, shouldn't they know better?

So, apparently it's now too late to order my windows with the textured glass I want. And it will take 3 days just to get a QUOTE from Marvin on the textured glass. I can order the Anderson windows, but then I have to live with their "terra" color cladding instead of the deep brown I wanted. Of course, it may take too long to get the Anderson windows with textured glass too.

And no one asked me what color flashing I wanted on the addition roof. They just put white. But I want brown! Yes, I know the old part of the house has white. But that part is being trashed within a year (assuming I have the stamina to do this again...albeit on a teeny project) and it will get brown then!

Sorry, needed to vent and no one else wants to hear more about this project!

Comments (9)