SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
margcooks

Paint Color for Ming Green Tile Bathroom

margcooks
13 years ago

I'm feeling sick to my stomach . . . . We're in the final stages of a big remodel, and the MB is almost done. We have ming green tile in the shower and on the floor (which looks amazing), but I went with a Bluette Calcatta marble for the shower seat, threshold and vanity top because we couldn't find a nice slab of Ming to use (and I was worried about it being too ming-y). The bluette is not blue, it's green and grey, with some limey greenish/yellow. And it's that last bit that's presenting the problem. The ming green is a bit grey and minty, and now the calcatta is bringing in some lime/yellow colors. So, what color do I use on the walls to bring them together? There is no green that will work with both, and I don't want anymore green in there. The vanity is painted Ivory White, as is the trim, so I don't think white will work (and it's too blah anyway). I was thinking maybe a pale, pale grey to pull the two greens together, or a neutral beige . . . . Any suggestions? I know pix would help, but I'm not sure how to post. If I can figure out how, I will. Thanks for your help.

Comments (13)