SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Christmas Ornaments - ajsmama

Oakley
14 years ago

I thought I'd start a new topic on Christmas decorating since the tree topic is getting full and I want to let others put their pictures in that one.

You said your son wanted red glass ornaments and that you might get some next year.

I wanted to tell you that we had special handmade and Hallmark ornaments, ornaments from friends, etc on our trees every year when the kids were little. But it never seemed right to me, and although the boys loved the trees, they too wanted the round ornaments.

So one year we went to Walmart and bought a lot of different colored round glass ornaments, the old-fashioned inexpensive one's. The kind I had as a kid.

It wasn't that expensive but the kids LOVED it, and so did we! It was like a real old-fashioned Christmas tree!

Now that they're grown and I can afford my own collection, I still buy glass ornaments but with "fancier" designs and not put up many of the other Hallmark,crafty ornaments. I hang the boy's handmade ornaments around the house though.

This is just a suggestion for next year. You can buy a lot of ornaments on sale after Christmas.

Anyone else also decorate this way at times? It really brings back the childhood feel of Christmas!

Comments (9)