SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
windsorbecks

Do all window tx have to match?

windsorbecks
14 years ago

I am setting up our baby girl's nursery which has turquoise walls and all white furniture. Currently all the windows in the house have maple colored 2" faux wood blinds. Her room would really look better with white blinds; however, all of the other rooms look great with the wood. Our house has painted white trim and doors (there is no trim around the windows though), but the furniture tends to be medium wood and painted black except her room.

I hate the idea that her room will have the only different treatment and that it might look weird from the outside (her room, the guest room, and the master bedroom can all be seen at the same time from the backyard.)

I could change the blinds to white in the other rooms but they are done with warm woods and fabrics, painted BM Manchester Tan. I have a hard time imagining that they would look OK with white blinds, but since the trim is white maybe it would be OK?

Am I overthinking this? Do all of your window tx match to a certain degree, or do you just decorate by room?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County