SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malhgold_gw

What Decorating Statement Did You Take a Risk With

malhgold
14 years ago

I'm looking for window treatments for my "almost" completed kitchen renovation. I could play it safe with woven wood or a solid fabric roman shade, but am wondering if I should "step out". I really love the pattern and the color of the swatch below but wonder if I will tire of it over time. Often times when I look thru decorating magazines I see things that I never would've thought to put together, but they wind up looking fabulous. I'm ok with stepping out with paint, because it's easy and inexpensive to change should I tire of it or not like it. These window treatments are not so easily replaced($$). What did you take a risk on and did you wind up loving it or you had a "what was I thinking moment"? If you didn't like it, did you change it or did you live with it because you spent too much $$ on it?

Here are some pics of my not yet completed kitchen(dishes are now all white, not multi colored) and the fabric for the window treatment. IRL the fabric looks a little more blue and the pantry cabs are more of a light grey. Would you go for it or play it safe?

Comments (26)