SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cplover

Frustration with Contractor

cplover
12 years ago

The final inspection of my kitchen reno was suppose to take place this morning. Good news is that the building part passed (yeah) but the electrician (E) was still not done so as a courtesy the city will re-inspect again for free when the E is ready. Here is why I am frustrated. The E is my friend's uncle and he told me about my semi-GC we are actually GCing the job ourselves). My GC is awesome, love him. Love the plumber he recommended too. Only problem is that E moves as slow as a turtle! He knew about this inspection for over a week and could not get things done. So frustrating. And my GC has tried to push him, but E got him the job, so he is some-what reluctant. Of course, I do not want to pitch a fit because it WILL get back to my friend and her parents (who I see often and like!). I have been without a kitchen since May 1st. I am so ready for this project to be done!!! I want my house back! I am quickly turning into a crab-arse and my patience-- well I now have none. I know it SHOULD be done in a week and if I was able to put up with it this long--what is another week/10 days-- but I tell you I am on the brink! :(

Comments (17)